Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Lionel Leonard/M Potter-Moore
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Colin Butchers

United Kingdom
1487 Posts

Posted - 22/12/2020 :  10:43:38  Show Profile
Hello Alan. Your Dads old car is now owned by Chris Harrill from Wrexham and I am certain that he will want to contact you shortly. If you move the cursor over his moniker "Westbury" you will be able to see his email address. Best of luck.
I used to see your car at Silverstone from time to time when your Dad brought it along and I always thought how nice it is, with a remarkable competition history.

Colin B.
Go to Top of Page

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3239 Posts

Posted - 22/12/2020 :  11:56:02  Show Profile
Hello Alan - welcome to the Forum and thank you for posting the two nostalgic photos of NA0419.

I hope you do not mind, I have posted the two pictures to the file for this well known car and indicated they came from you.

I have also added the earlier picture submitted by F Almere from the Netherlands.

George (Eagle)
Registrar F/L/N types and PBs.
Go to Top of Page

Westbury

United Kingdom
2010 Posts

Posted - 22/12/2020 :  13:20:37  Show Profile

Hello, Alan and Colin.

Very interested to see your comments. Alan,I have sent you an email and hope we can exchange information on the car.

Best wishes,

Chris
Go to Top of Page

Westbury

United Kingdom
2010 Posts

Posted - 22/12/2020 :  14:15:21  Show Profile

Hello, Forum..

For those interested, a view of the car at present with much more to do !

Note :- the mouth of the carburettor has at least 3” clearance from the bulkhead.

Chris

Go to Top of Page

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3239 Posts

Posted - 22/12/2020 :  16:50:54  Show Profile
Hi Chris

The car is looking really good! I have added this picture to the file for the car as well!

I have a similar side mounted Marshall (a J100) on the L2, the gap between carb and fire wall is about the same and does not cause any problems.

George
Registrar F/L/N types and PBs.
Go to Top of Page

Lucky7

United Kingdom
2 Posts

Posted - 22/12/2020 :  16:51:47  Show Profile
Looks quite different now - thanks for sharing the photo.
One more we've found below from the early 1980s, also taken at Silverstone I think.
Thanks for the replies, and now in email contact with Chris.
It was (is!) a wonderful car, and I remember well being driven briskly around the roads of Abingdon where I grew up in it. And one or two close encounters with the exhaust...

Go to Top of Page

Westbury

United Kingdom
2010 Posts

Posted - 22/12/2020 :  18:22:04  Show Profile
Just for information, the cowl seen in my picture above, is exactly the same one as shown in Alan’s photograph. I didn’t like the shape of it, so rather than make a new one I just altered it to how it was during Lionel Leonard’s ownership.

Thanks for your message, George !

Chris

Edited by - Westbury on 22/12/2020 18:25:05
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000