Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Who was he ?
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ron Grant

United Kingdom
160 Posts

Posted - 22/02/2008 :  17:26:43  Show Profile
Does any body have any information on a previous owner of my car. His name was G.H.Gehlken ( I have seen it spelt differently)and he owned C-0253 Reg. RX 8623 from the beginning of 1933 until 1936 competing at Donington and Brooklands, with some success, during that period.
There is a picture of him at the Lewes speed trials in 1934 on this web site.
As far as I know, the car was crashed at Donington in 1936 which damaged the body, following which, the current body was fitted. Whilst this car had a lightwieght body fitted when it was only 6 weeks old, the picture at the Lewes speed trials in 1934 shows it with the standard body.
This is such an unusual name, that I would have thought it may jog somebodies memory.
It seems that details of racing at Donington are not as readily available as those for Brooklands.
This car is the 1931 Irish Grand Prix and Ulster TT winner .
Many thanks in antisipation.
Ron Grant

Cathelijne

Netherlands
744 Posts

Posted - 22/02/2008 :  18:39:52  Show Profile
Hi Ron,

Would you mind sending me an e-mail at info@mgworkshop.nl so I can contact you directly?

Thanks!
Cathelijne Spoelstra

Edited by - Cathelijne on 22/02/2008 20:10:37
Go to Top of Page

MaGic_GV

United Kingdom
868 Posts

Posted - 24/02/2008 :  12:34:51  Show Profile
I have glanced through Bill Boddy's 'Motor Sport Book of Donington', which describes races at Donington pre-war (but I don't know if it covers every event...) and find no reference to Gehlken, though probably not all runners are mentioned - I expect you looked at his Brooklands book, and I can find no mention there either.

Of possible interest to you is a copy of 'The Motor Trader' for sept. 2 1931 which contains a small picture I have not seen elsewhere of Norman Blacks TT winning car, outside the local agents premises. If its of interest, please contact me directly via my email address.

Incidentally,I have been loaned a scrapbook containing pix from pre war mags which includes some nice ones of what I presume to be one of the other C-types, which was run in Northern Ireland with some success by Charles Robb, ultimately, the item suggests, being owned in England by A.E.H. Antell.

cheers
Graham

Edited by - MaGic_GV on 24/02/2008 13:11:08
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000