Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Harry Lester MG
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Lester-Thatcham

United Kingdom
1 Posts

Posted - 26/02/2020 :  11:53:56  Show Profile
Dear All,

I have joined your group to canvass views, information and advice regarding the Harry Lester MG's.

I am involved with Thatcham Heritage Working Party. On Saturday 17th October 2020 Thatcham Town Council hopes to install and unveil a blue plaque to commemorate Harry Lester and the cars he built in his Garage on the A4 in Thatcham, Berkshire RG18 3SX.

I am in touch with Stewart Penfound and am in the process of getting hold of his book. But further information would be appreciated.

We are seeking as many possible Lester MG's to attend the event in pride of place on the forecourt of his former garage. It remains a garage today and had been continuously since it was built in the 1930's by Bryan Gush of the Gush Special Cycle Car.

The event will coincide with Thatcham Festival Car Show being held opposite on the Memorial Playing fields, I encourage all classic car enthusiasts to attend and we hope to have a larger display of MG's as we honour Harry. [All funds from the event will go to the renovation of the War Memorial.]

Many thanks for taking a look
Nathan

Edited by - Lester-Thatcham on 26/02/2020 11:55:41

MG Maverick

United Kingdom
1045 Posts

Posted - 26/02/2020 :  15:18:28  Show Profile
Hello Nathan,You will be interested in that I own the MGJ2 in which Geoffrey Bryan Gush’s sister Emily was killed in 1935. PM me to get full details.

Emily used to drive the Gush /. Vitesse Special Cyclecar.

I have been in touch already with someone from the Society.

Chris

J2353
J4129

Edited by - MG Maverick on 26/02/2020 15:26:22
Go to Top of Page

MG Maverick

United Kingdom
1045 Posts

Posted - 27/02/2020 :  05:33:33  Show Profile
‘ Emily’s ‘. full name was Marjorie Emily May Gush.

Chris

J2353
J4129
Go to Top of Page

MG Maverick

United Kingdom
1045 Posts

Posted - 27/02/2020 :  12:16:24  Show Profile
The person I am in touch with at the Thatcham Historic Society is called Nick, I do not know his surname.

Chris

J2353
J4129
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000