Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Dad (Peter Green)
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3675 Posts

Posted - 20/04/2020 :  21:31:40  Show Profile
Peter was a true friend, mentor and trusted confidant whose broad shoulders, generosity of spirit and kindness helped me and countless others through both testing as well as happier times. We must keep his memory bright and do what we can to try to fill the void left by his death.

Dick Morbey
PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

chris Wallis

United Kingdom
141 Posts

Posted - 20/04/2020 :  21:47:47  Show Profile
So sorry to hear this sad news,to all the family please accept my condolences.Peter will be missed in the MG world but he will never be forgotten.

Chris Wallis.

C L Wallis
Go to Top of Page

Digby

United Kingdom
133 Posts

Posted - 20/04/2020 :  21:57:25  Show Profile
So sad to hear the news that we were all dreading and so much harder for you and the family at this strange time. The Gibbs and Salmon families have wonderful memories of Peter and the Summer Gatherings and I personally will miss his presence, enthusiasm and help. Peter was a real gentleman and never failed to greet people on arrival at any event however busy he was. Our sincere condolences to all the family.
Go to Top of Page

Bobles

Australia
22 Posts

Posted - 21/04/2020 :  00:44:39  Show Profile
Deeply saddened to hear of Peter's passing. Peter and the whole family were always very welcoming to this Aussie interloper at the MMM Summer Parties. Condolences to all the family. Bob Somerville.

Go to Top of Page

NZ_monty

New Zealand
62 Posts

Posted - 21/04/2020 :  01:16:39  Show Profile
Very sorry to read this and my condolences to all his family. I only met Peter the once, but he was wonderfully helpful to me.

Daniel

Edited by - NZ_monty on 21/04/2020 01:17:57
Go to Top of Page

MH

Germany
199 Posts

Posted - 21/04/2020 :  06:06:17  Show Profile
I‘m so sad to here about Peter‘s passing away.
Rest in peace.
Manfred
Go to Top of Page

Richard Hinton

United Kingdom
131 Posts

Posted - 21/04/2020 :  07:23:03  Show Profile
I am so sorry to hear this awful news.Peter was a delightful and most helpful man. The summer gatherings so brilliantly well organised were a delight to attend.Thoughts are with family and friends

Richard Hinton
Go to Top of Page

bernard.scott

United Kingdom
194 Posts

Posted - 21/04/2020 :  09:01:38  Show Profile
What a great sadness to read this news. Peter wrote to me in March this year offering advice and practical help. So generous with his time and knowledge.

My thoughts are with his family and friends.

Bernard Scott
Go to Top of Page

Tim Luffingham

United Kingdom
342 Posts

Posted - 21/04/2020 :  09:49:08  Show Profile
Goodbye my friend. I hope that when my time comes, you will open the door to let me in from the cold. Kettle and spanner’s sharing the same worktop; no doubt I will have a list of questions and you the much needed answers. But now I just want to wish you a very good journey. Stay safe. See you down the road.

Tim and Clare

Edited by - Tim Luffingham on 21/04/2020 09:51:42
Go to Top of Page

greg

United Kingdom
829 Posts

Posted - 21/04/2020 :  09:51:36  Show Profile
Me and my dad are so very sorry to hear this. Condolences to Elizabeth Diana and the rest of the family.
Chris and Greg Clark
Go to Top of Page

Peter Scott

United Kingdom
1240 Posts

Posted - 21/04/2020 :  09:53:05  Show Profile
Elizabeth

Very sad news. I would offer you and all your family my sincere condolences.

I will always remember your dad with fond memories.

Peter Scott
Go to Top of Page

Wiessmann

Germany
87 Posts

Posted - 21/04/2020 :  10:10:26  Show Profile
Dear Elizabeth,
We were absolutely shocked by the horrible news, and would like to express our deep felt compassion for you and your family.
We last met Peter at Stoneleigh in February when he invited us to the Summer Gathering without any suspicion on what would happen to our countries and to his own fate.

Karl & Christine
Go to Top of Page

MaGic_GV

United Kingdom
868 Posts

Posted - 21/04/2020 :  10:55:22  Show Profile
Sorry to hear this news, a great loss to all, but most of all his family. I send my condolences,

Regards,
Graham
Go to Top of Page

FrankAshleymgm

United Kingdom
115 Posts

Posted - 21/04/2020 :  10:56:04  Show Profile
Dear Elizabeth,
Very sad news indeed, especially at these difficult times when his friends will be unable to gather to see him on his final journey. Our condolences to all the family

Frank and Thelma

Frank Ashley
Go to Top of Page

Robin Hamblett

United Kingdom
534 Posts

Posted - 21/04/2020 :  12:12:52  Show Profile
Dear Elizabeth and Andrew

I'm very saddened to learn of Peter's passing. From the point of view of one of the younger Triple M fraternity, Peter provided me with the utmost encouragement, knowledge and enthusiasm for our cars. I will always keep in mind his outright passion and friendship, even in the face of the seemingly impossible of problems to deal with. I can't really add anything further, other than to offer this picture from 1998 when he launched K3011 in to the air at the top of the test hill. For me, this picture tells a thousand words or more and I didn't really know Peter at the time.

My very sincere condolences to you all.

Robin

J2 J3666
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000