Triple-M Register Forums
Triple-M Register Forums
Home | Events | Cars for Sale | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Dad (Peter Green)
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Sharpo

United Kingdom
75 Posts

Posted - 21/04/2020 :  12:18:41  Show Profile

Such incredibly sad news Elizabeth. My thoughts are with you all

Peter was always so generous with his time, knowledge and advice. The MGCC Marque of friendship award in 2017 highlighted these qualities that were appreciated by so many people.

I’ll remember many kitchen based conversations/cups of tea full of enthusiasm for old MG’s (K-Types in particular).

Oliver
Go to Top of Page

Fred Boothby

United Kingdom
368 Posts

Posted - 21/04/2020 :  13:41:07  Show Profile
Oh, such sadness. The loss of a true gentleman , who I counted as my 'mentor' in MMM racing - even lending me a Musketeer for a French event. Irreplaceable. Peter was always ready with help , advice and enthusiasm .
Go to Top of Page

MGB

Netherlands
116 Posts

Posted - 21/04/2020 :  13:43:14  Show Profile
Dear Elizabeth,

Although I have never met your father my thoughts are with you. Some years ago I sent an email to your father regarding some information about a K3 for the Dutch edition of the Octane magazine. He immediately replied, answered my question and invited me over to his house to have a look at his cars. I am sure he will be missed by the whole MMM-Community.

Maurice

http://www.dioncre.nl/Algje/index.html
Go to Top of Page

Mirek Sharp

Canada
126 Posts

Posted - 21/04/2020 :  15:08:00  Show Profile
Elizabeth and family, this is sad news indeed. I only met Peter once, at last years Summer Gathering, but over the last year, since I bought my first Triple M, he has provided ongoing advice and encouragement via emails and phone calls, and generously assisted getting me started on a project to supercharge my PA. My questions to him were those of a novice learning the MMM craft, but he answered them patiently and without judgement, the mark of a gentleman and true enthusiast. That blower, from Peter's shop, will provide me a fond reminder of his spirit and enthusiasm. There must be innumerable MMMs that have enjoyed the benefit of his knowledge and wisdom, and I am happy to count mine among them. I think this thought would have pleased him. My condolences to you and your family.

Mirek
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3683 Posts

Posted - 21/04/2020 :  18:49:59  Show Profile
I just stumbled over this piece of film on YouTube. Peter Green in action in K3011 and in interview at 3 mins 45s. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGfa4NNo0EY

Happy days...

Dick Morbey
PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

Cris DaBica

USA
50 Posts

Posted - 21/04/2020 :  19:21:48  Show Profile
To Peter!
Go to Top of Page

tony r

United Kingdom
20 Posts

Posted - 21/04/2020 :  22:10:37  Show Profile
Elizabeth
Our sincere condolences to you and all your family. Your Dad's zest for all things Triple M was an inspiration to us all. What memories we have of his wonderful Summer Gatherings. He always had time for us even though we are just beginners in the Triple M World.
Ruth and Tony Richards

tony r
Go to Top of Page

Andrew Fock

Australia
385 Posts

Posted - 22/04/2020 :  00:12:05  Show Profile
A great loss to the MMM community at large. From all those downunder , our heart felt condolences.
Andrew

NA 0279
PA 1294
Go to Top of Page

Orstin

United Kingdom
644 Posts

Posted - 22/04/2020 :  09:42:12  Show Profile
I was very sorry to hear this. Though me being only on the fringes of the Triple M world, Peter was always friendly, welcoming and ever-helpful. He will be a much missed part of MMM motoring...

So many dynamos
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3683 Posts

Posted - 22/04/2020 :  11:15:17  Show Profile
The MGCC has posted an announcement about Peter at https://www.mgcc.co.uk/peter-green/

A full tribute to Peter will appear in the June edition of Safety Fast and in the June/July edition of our Register Bulletin.

Dick Morbey
PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

Cathelijne

Netherlands
744 Posts

Posted - 24/04/2020 :  21:23:43  Show Profile
Last Monday’s facebook post:

https://www.facebook.com/1713141085614520/posts/2541344246127529/

Today’s Facebook post:
https://www.facebook.com/1713141085614520/posts/2544354552493165/
Go to Top of Page

Rudy

Netherlands
9 Posts

Posted - 25/04/2020 :  08:21:26  Show Profile
Sorry to hear this sad news, a great loss to all, but most of all his family. If there was one person who embodied the slogan 'Marque of Friendship' it was Peter. He shall be greatly missed. I send my deep condolences,

Regards,
Rudie
Go to Top of Page

Christopher Hobbs

United Kingdom
45 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2020 :  09:54:49  Show Profile
Very sad news - as with many he was supportive, sharing his knowledge freely and encouraging to us. Our thoughts are with all his family and friends - his example and stature will continue.
Christopher, Kate and family.

C.Hobbs
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register Forums © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000