Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 PB clutch alignment tool
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Widung

Sweden
189 Posts

Posted - 14/05/2008 :  20:00:05  Show Profile
I have finally (after 15 years) started final assembly of PB 0635. The engine and gearbox are in the chassis - but I noticed that the pedal is restricted in its movement and doesn't move the clutch. I assume that the clutch plate is stuck to the flywheel as the engine has been stored assembled for a while so I intend to take off the gearbox and clutch again to free it.
Now the question: In G. Howell's excellent "A practical guide to the restoration of the "J" type (1932-34)" there is a drawing of a clutch alignment tool on page 40 in the section "Engine and gearbox". - Does the alignment tool for the PB have the same dimensions as the J-type??

Peter Green

United Kingdom
1682 Posts

Posted - 14/05/2008 :  21:40:23  Show Profile
Jan,

I have not seen the drawing of the J type clutch alignement tool you refer to but I can tell you that J type and P type input shafts are the same diameter (and spline) and so are the stiggots that go into the flywheel bearing so I assume that the J type tool will work on a P type provided that it is long enough.

Peter.
Go to Top of Page

Widung

Sweden
189 Posts

Posted - 17/05/2008 :  15:07:05  Show Profile
Peter,

Thank you for your quick answer - I can now proceed with making the tool

Best regards Jan
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked