Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Great Wold-Valley Run, East Yorkshire 22nd August
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Richard Hardy

United Kingdom
2165 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2021 :  21:15:40  Show Profile
Dear fellow prewar MG enthusiast

For all those who were able to attend the prewar MG gathering at Breighton Airfield, East Yorkshire 10 days ago, I think it is fair to say, it was a roaring success. Twelve prewar MGs attended with just 4 days prior publicity and another 7 owners sent their apologies, 5 down to mechanical issues. Conceivably, we could have seen 19 prewar MGs on the day which would have been even more amazing.

It was a great social event anyway and it is abundantly clear that owners of prewar MGs (with car club affiliation for otherwise) are keen to meet up on new event initiatives.

As such, I am pleased to announce another one for the calendar although those interested are required to respond very quickly as the official entry deadline technically closes today. Do not despair however, do read on!

Four days ago, Backfire Promotions (www.backfirepromotions.com) advised me that they are organising an 80 vehicle run on Sunday 22nd August, commencing 10:00am from Stamford Bridge (8.5 miles east of York) and following a fantastic scenic route for around 35 miles, finishing at the east coast harbour town of Bridlington. The run is for pre-1965 cars only.

There are overnight stay provisions available (special room rates) just outside Bridlington for those who wish to maximise the day and open a bottle of wine or two in the evening, with secure overnight parking for vehicles.

The organisers have kindly agreed to an extended entry deadline (17th July) to allow time in being able to pull together another sterling gathering of prewar MGs at short notice. So far, we have had 6 prewar MGs sign up within the past 3 days and without advertising, 3 of which were not at the Breighton event.

On the run itself, all cars will be leaving the start in age order, which is a great idea for keeping the right era of cars in formation. The entry fee per car is £20 and with all profits going towards Prostate Cancer UK. The event is also being national advertised.

This event is receiving local BID funding through East Riding of Yorkshire Council and the longer term intention is that the Great Wold-Valley Run will grow in popularity year on year, hopefully developing into a ‘Goodwood of the North’ event. Period dress is also to be encouraged on the day but not compulsory! Backfire Promotions are already holding prewar sand racing events on the sands of the East Yorkshire coast and are well known for organising good historic vehicle events.

Further details are highlighted on the Backfire Promotions website. Backfire Promotions are the official organisers, Vintage MG Parts are simply assisting by creating a healthy prewar MG presence for our own enjoyment.

I have an email circular going out this evening to many prewar MG owners although do contact me if you reside within the Yorkshire area, do not receive the circular and wish to be added to the database being created for notification on future pre-war MG events in the area.

For those prewar MG owners interested in attending, please can they kindly let me know by email ASAP

I hope to hear from as many of you as possible

Rich

Vintage MG Parts

Tim Luffingham

United Kingdom
342 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2021 :  12:07:21  Show Profile
Looks like a great day out, Rich.

I'll try to get it uploaded onto the EVENTS page aswell, just in case it gets lost in this section.

Many thanks

Tim
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000