Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Colour codes
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Foz

United Kingdom
773 Posts

Posted - 25/02/2022 :  22:05:20  Show Profile
Sometime in the past I saw some film of the cars being painted at Abingdon..... spray guns on long hoses and no masks! Was informed by someone in the film industry that this would have been staged.... they would have been spraying water during the filming as any cellulose thinners in the air would have destroyed the film in the cameras .... long before safety film.
I had an original Bripal Paint sample book from Abingdon..... came out of Morgan Marshall's cellar from his days as an MG agent at Imperial Motors. Ken Rees (ex C-type owner) was Jaguars colour man at the time and he put the colours through their systems and came up with the "modern" colours... now 30 years old themselves. Those should be in the MG Road Car books and elsewhere in the MMM records. I think it was Henry Stone who said Bripal sent a 40 gallon drum of paint when required which would be similar in colour to the previous drum.... good enough as the care instructions for paintwork were to wipe over with an oily cloth!
The colour names on the first posting in this thread are those Ken Rees was able to name. I have used Saab Midnight Blue on at least 2 F-types... with grey wheels and trim. Looks good.... and if in France will always get photographed... or even wn a trophy or two!
FOZ
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000