Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 The racing season commences....
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Pots

United Kingdom
120 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2022 :  07:59:53  Show Profile

The Triple M racing season is all set as we look forward to our first outing at Brands Hatch next Sunday. Please see below the calendar for this years meetings;

20th March - MGCC Brands Hatch (Two races, incl. The J Type Anniversary Race, and qualifying on the Sunday)
16th April - VSCC Cadwell Park - Triple M race on the Sat. BBQ Friday eve. - everyone welcome.
05th June - VSCC Donington Park
02nd July - MGCC Donington Park - The Mary Harris Trophy Mtg - Two races and qualifying on the Saturday, BBQ Friday evening - everyone welcome.
16th July - VSCC Silverstone
21st August - VSCC Mallory Park - Triple M race on the Sunday.

A big thank you to our main sponsor Baynton Jones Historic Motorsport and our race partners who are all shown on this years splendid paddock board, created by our own Charles Goddard of Studio 1710. (To follow when I can work out how to attach it....)

Do come and see us race and why not have a go ? We have some new cars and racers joining us for what will, I am sure, be another fun season of racing and camaraderie. I am happy to help anyone interested in joining in, just give me a call.....

Duncan Potter
The Triple M Racing Department - Suffolk Office
Tel; 01986 785096 / 07516 683314

Pots

Nick Dean

United Kingdom
444 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2022 :  18:44:18  Show Profile
Duncan, thanks for the program. I rang the MGCC yesterday to purchase tickets for Brands, only to be told they do not sell them, and no info on where to purchase them. please advise. good luck, Nick.

N A Dean
Go to Top of Page

Pots

United Kingdom
120 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2022 :  19:19:27  Show Profile
Nick, the tickets are on sale from MSV/Brands Hatch circuit. If you go on their website all is revealed…. Any problems, just let me know. Hope to see you there..
All best, Duncan.

Pots
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3680 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2022 :  19:24:58  Show Profile
NIck, you could go to News at https://www.triple-mregister.org/news.asp

or MSV at https://brandshatch.msv.com/BH-22-MGCC

Dick Morbey, Register Secretary
PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
secretary@triple-mregister.org
Go to Top of Page

Foz

United Kingdom
773 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2022 :  20:19:15  Show Profile
Nick,
I should have a spare ticket.... if they come in on email I will try and forward to you.
FOZ
Go to Top of Page

Nick Dean

United Kingdom
444 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2022 :  21:45:53  Show Profile
Thanks for all info, Nick

N A Dean
Go to Top of Page

Colin Butchers

United Kingdom
1487 Posts

Posted - 13/03/2022 :  10:28:31  Show Profile
Tickets are available at the gate, of course. Free if you can persuade the gate attendant that you are under 14 years of age, or #163;9 if you can pass as a teenager. #163;14.00 for adults and quite preposterously no reduction for seniors. As Liz Truss might say "that is a disgrace".

Colin B.
Go to Top of Page

Colin Butchers

United Kingdom
1487 Posts

Posted - 13/03/2022 :  10:31:20  Show Profile
I have no idea where the #163 as come from. Please ignore it and it might go away.

Colin B.
Go to Top of Page

Pots

United Kingdom
120 Posts

Posted - 13/03/2022 :  16:33:37  Show Profile
Colin, I will have a spare ticket, yours if you want it…

All best, Duncan.

Pots
Go to Top of Page

Blithe Spirit

United Kingdom
188 Posts

Posted - 14/03/2022 :  09:20:51  Show Profile
MGCC seems to be embarrassed about organising race, and especially speed events. Safety Fast does little to advertise or promote these, and on several occasions I have only become aware of an event, that I would have attended, weeks later from the post-event report. Contrast this with VSCC who promote events with pride, and arguably give more support to triple M competitors than MGCC does. Having been an MGCC member for over 50 years I perceive this situation to have developed gradually over many years. Any idea why? I agree with Dick, and other's, occasional pleas for all Triple M owners to join the MGCC, but sometimes find it hard to see benefits for me any more.
Regards,
David J3768 (longest continuous membership in Lincolnshire, apparently)
Go to Top of Page

Colin Butchers

United Kingdom
1487 Posts

Posted - 14/03/2022 :  10:32:13  Show Profile
That is very kind of you, Duncan. Will you post it to me ? Address is 21 Hill Farm Way, Southwick, West Sussex, BN42 4YJ.

Many thanks. I will see you on Sunday. The weather forecast is looking good.

Colin B.
Go to Top of Page

Onno

Netherlands
1050 Posts

Posted - 14/03/2022 :  10:47:59  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Blithe Spirit

MGCC seems to be embarrassed about organising race, and especially speed events. Safety Fast does little to advertise or promote these, and on several occasions I have only become aware of an event, that I would have attended, weeks later from the post-event report. Contrast this with VSCC who promote events with pride, and arguably give more support to triple M competitors than MGCC does. Having been an MGCC member for over 50 years I perceive this situation to have developed gradually over many years. Any idea why? I agree with Dick, and other's, occasional pleas for all Triple M owners to join the MGCC, but sometimes find it hard to see benefits for me any more.
Regards,
David J3768 (longest continuous membership in Lincolnshire, apparently)

While I agree the MGCC could do more to promote tripleM racing (all other series are regularly broadcast on live streams on FB but “we” are always forgotten) the register does support tripleM racing (and thus the MGCC)
And the register supplies us with this cost free public forum.
So a “few” benefits are still to be had.

Good job on a great agenda again.
Circumstances made me postpone this year’s racing until MGCC Donington meet so I hope to see you all there

Onno "J,D,M" Könemann
Go to Top of Page

guitarrero

United Kingdom
148 Posts

Posted - 14/03/2022 :  10:55:22  Show Profile
Thanks Duncan, planning on heading down to spectate on Sunday.
Looking for a list of MMM entries but no luck so far??

Steve Rees
North Cotswolds, UK
J2
Go to Top of Page

Dolts

United Kingdom
1129 Posts

Posted - 14/03/2022 :  11:19:46  Show Profile
https://www.mgcc.co.uk/motorsport/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2022/03/EL-11.3.pdf

Mark Dolton
Triple-M Racing

Go to Top of Page

Pots

United Kingdom
120 Posts

Posted - 14/03/2022 :  12:34:27  Show Profile
Hi Steve, that's great, see you on Sunday....(I see Mark has sent you the link to the entry list. All info for the day is on the MGCC website under Racing, Brands Hatch, Competitor info.....)

Colin, you are welcome... no problem. (I could e;mail it to you to print at home if you have the necessary technology...)

Pots
Go to Top of Page

guitarrero

United Kingdom
148 Posts

Posted - 14/03/2022 :  13:40:09  Show Profile
Thanks both, easy when you know how ;-)

Steve Rees
North Cotswolds, UK
J2

Edited by - guitarrero on 14/03/2022 13:42:14
Go to Top of Page