Triple-M Register Forums
Triple-M Register Forums
Home | Cars for Sale | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 The Triple–M Register Bulletin
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3683 Posts

Posted - 26/04/2022 :  15:27:30  Show Profile
Triple–M Register Bulletin:

Replacement Editor and Changes to Format – Volunteer(s) and your comments are required, please.

We are approaching a time where we need to review the Register's Bulletin publication. The committee recognises that this is a popular publication enjoyed not only by MG Car Club members but also the wider Triple-M community, and it is a credit to Digby Gibbs as editor and the many contributors that it is held in such high regard.

However, there are a number of factors which are coming together to cause us to review this:
Production team. After many years, Digby and his support team are looking to hand this over to a worthy successor. For those interested, please pick this up with Digby or the Register Committee. It may be that the publication continues in its current form, however in the absence of volunteers there will be a need to rethink the content and format in which this is presented to readers;
Paper vs Digital. While many enjoy this as a paper publication, some have expressed a preference to see this as a digital copy, with readers able to print off hard copy if needed. This would resolve production costs and ensure swift delivery to those in UK and Overseas, however it is probable that it will have to be either be paper or digital – not both.
Publication availability online. At present, only older Bulletins are made available on the Register website – the main reason for this was to ensure fairness for the subscribers. If the Bulletin changes to a digital format then it could be available to all MGCC members who apply to receive a copy (similar to the VSCC Newsletter and Vintage Minor Magazine that many will be familiar with).

Format: As the Triple-M community, your thoughts and comments are welcome and will help us to determine next steps. We are posting this note both here on the Forum and in the next edition mof the Bulletin. Please feel free to post your comments or suggestions on the Forum or contact any Committee member.

Replacement Editor: Anyone who might be interested in taking on the challenge of Editing the Bulletin (in whatever format) should contact Digby by email so that he can explain what is involved. digbygibbs@icloud.com

Thank you.

Dick Morbey, Register Secretary
PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
secretary@triple-mregister.org

colintf

United Kingdom
1510 Posts

Posted - 26/04/2022 :  15:46:51  Show Profile
Paper copy for me please, much easier on the eyes and I spend far too much time glued to a screen (mostly for work) as it is.
Please don't do away with a paper copy option.
VSCC offer both digital copies and paper copies (the latter being an extra cost option) from memory.

Colin Murrell
PA0786 (D0285 previously)
Photographer for MGCC (LeMans Classic, Oldtimer Grand Prix etc) & MG Motor (BTCC 2012-5)
http://www.triple-mracing.com/

Edited by - colintf on 26/04/2022 15:48:07
Go to Top of Page

tonym

United Kingdom
655 Posts

Posted - 26/04/2022 :  16:00:55  Show Profile
Paper please, also
Colin's top line [apart from the work bit] applies to me aS WELL
Go to Top of Page

rwerwe

Switzerland
37 Posts

Posted - 26/04/2022 :  16:08:38  Show Profile
I agree with Colin.
I always read the VSCC newsletter in paper form, although I also receive it in digital form.
It would certainly be acceptable if the paper version cost members a little more (printing costs, postage).

Roland Wettstein, Switzerland
Parnell-MG K3 (K3009)
Go to Top of Page

LewPalmer

USA
3258 Posts

Posted - 26/04/2022 :  16:27:08  Show Profile
Paper copy please. It's hard to read the computer screen while seated on the ceramic throne.

Lew Palmer
PA1169, 2M1281, NA0651
Go to Top of Page

sven

Sweden
439 Posts

Posted - 26/04/2022 :  18:39:39  Show Profile
I agree with the paper version members. For me no benefits with a digital only version.

Good luck and kind regards

Sven
Sweden
Go to Top of Page

Cathelijne

Netherlands
744 Posts

Posted - 26/04/2022 :  18:53:16  Show Profile
Before we all start shouting we want the paper copy to remain, Dick did clearly state a digital Bulletin would be printable for those wishing to do so. Cost would then be for those who want a paper copy. The environment would not only benefit from having less copies printed off, but also from less transport and silly plastic wrappers! For most, a more convincing argument than the environment perhaps, might possibly be that the amount of work involved with producing and distributing the paper Bulletin currently seems to outweigh the fun readers are experiencing from their printed copy. So, if you want the paper to remain, you know what to do !

Cheers
Cat

In a world where you can be anything - be kind.
Go to Top of Page

Onno

Netherlands
1062 Posts

Posted - 26/04/2022 :  19:32:03  Show Profile
I read the fantastic digital D group Dispatch every time it lands in my inbox.
I never read the bulletin (even though it might already be available digitally?) because I’ve never subscribed to the paper version because as a continental these things usually arrive so late the interesting things are not relevant anymore
Go (free) digital and buy a printer if you want a paper version.

Onno "J,D,M" Könemann
Go to Top of Page

Westbury

United Kingdom
2061 Posts

Posted - 26/04/2022 :  19:32:09  Show Profile
As an avid reader and subscriber to the bulletin I have to say I would be most disappointed to see it go digital.
Paper edition PLEASE!
Chris
Go to Top of Page

colintf

United Kingdom
1510 Posts

Posted - 26/04/2022 :  19:49:40  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Cathelijne

Before we all start shouting we want the paper copy to remain, Dick did clearly state a digital Bulletin would be printable for those wishing to do so. Cost would then be for those who want a paper copy. The environment would not only benefit from having less copies printed off, but also from less transport and silly plastic wrappers! For most, a more convincing argument than the environment perhaps, might possibly be that the amount of work involved with producing and distributing the paper Bulletin currently seems to outweigh the fun readers are experiencing from their printed copy. So, if you want the paper to remain, you know what to do !

Cheers
Cat

In a world where you can be anything - be kind.

I don't have a colour printer.... Wouldn't look the same in black & white :(

Colin Murrell
Photographer for MGCC (LeMans Classic, Oldtimer Grand Prix etc) & MG Motor (BTCC 2012-5)
Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6205 Posts

Posted - 26/04/2022 :  19:49:46  Show Profile
I suspect that, if given the option of digital or printed without the delay in making the digital version available online as at present, there would not be sufficient signing up for the printed version to make producing it economically viable. As Dick says, it really has to be one or the other. However, one possibility might be to produce the Bulletin quarterly rather than bi-monthly. This would perhaps allow fewer to be printed, albeit at a higher unit cost, but with the annual subscription remaining as it is. And speaking from experience of producing a quarterly magazine of similar size for our local vintage car club, I personally think that an issue every other month is asking a lot of the volunteer editorial team.

Simon J
J3437
Go to Top of Page

colintf

United Kingdom
1510 Posts

Posted - 26/04/2022 :  19:52:16  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Simon Johnston

I suspect that, if given the option of digital or printed without the delay in making the digital version available online as at present, there would not be sufficient signing up for the printed version to make producing it economically viable. As Dick says, it really has to be one or the other. However, one possibility might be to produce the Bulletin quarterly rather than bi-monthly. This would perhaps allow fewer to be printed, albeit at a higher unit cost, but with the annual subscription remaining as it is. And speaking from experience of producing a quarterly magazine of similar size for our local vintage car club, I personally think that an issue every other month is asking a lot of the volunteer editorial team.

Simon J
J3437

Quarterly could be a good idea if it helps keep the paper versions coming through the letterbox

Colin Murrell
Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6205 Posts

Posted - 26/04/2022 :  19:55:24  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by colintf

I don't have a colour printer.... Wouldn't look the same in black & white :(

How can a photographer not have a multi ink colour printer?

Maybe you could get a museum to give you a good price for your B&W one, Colin

Simon J
J3437
Go to Top of Page

Christian H

Germany
58 Posts

Posted - 26/04/2022 :  20:32:14  Show Profile
Printed copy please - nothing else! Far too much digital stuff during the day - love keeping and filing my Bulletins and taking them out again....
Colins suggestion is very sound: Quarterly - I could easily live with this compromise.

Christian Hoeptner
Go to Top of Page

coracle

United Kingdom
1988 Posts

Posted - 26/04/2022 :  23:46:32  Show Profile
To have a digital only bulletin devoted to an anachronism would seem inappropriate to me.

Also getting a decent colour print is quite tricky.

Although a digital copy is perhaps better for the longer term and for far flung MMM'ers, I would very much miss the print version.
Go to Top of Page

Fred Boothby

United Kingdom
367 Posts

Posted - 27/04/2022 :  08:09:11  Show Profile
Paper for me please. I sympathise with Colin - although I have a colour printer , it doesn't seem to work well and consumes large amounts of expensive ink. And I certainly agree with Lew Palmer - I can't see the screen from the throne room.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register Forums © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000