Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 J2 Bench Seat Adjustment
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Bills

United Kingdom
55 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2008 :  15:50:05  Show Profile
Does anyone have photos of how the seat adjustment works on the J2. The seat back has two pins at the base (but no holes in the floor) and the cushions have a flat bar sticking out the back of each with a number of holes. There is also a strip of wood attached to the floor plus a number on the seat base. Any help appreciated. Thanks, Bill

LewPalmer

USA
3243 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2008 :  01:48:03  Show Profile
I'm quite surprised no one has responded, so I'll give it a go. It has been 25 years since I restored my J2, but I think I well remember.

The floorboards should have a hole for each one on the backrest pegs. Each peg is then secured with a washer and a cotter pin. The seat bottoms adjust by simply engaging the wooden slat on the floor into whichever adjacent pair of slats on the seat bottom gives you the seat position which best fits your needs. The bottom is subsequently strapped to the backrest with a matching pair of lift-the-dot fasteners.

The backrest rake is adjusted with the knobs on the crossbrace.

That's it.

Cheers,

Lew Palmer
Registrar, NAMMMR
Go to Top of Page

Peter Scott

United Kingdom
1240 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2008 :  08:45:29  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by LewPalmer

The bottom is subsequently strapped to the backrest with a matching pair of lift-the-dot fasteners.

Registrar, NAMMMR

....... sounds painfull, Lew.

Peter
Go to Top of Page

Simon

United Kingdom
448 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2008 :  18:56:14  Show Profile
That may well be so in some J2's but mine,which was in an advanced state of decay, had the remains of the original seat fittings. this consisted of 2 steel plates with 4 or possibly 5 (can't remember without going out to look) 3/8" holes screwed to the floor plywood, the front edge being about 10 1/4" in from the back board. The sideways position to coincide with the pegs in the bottom of the seat back. Obviously the floor was drilled through to suit. The seat cushions now have a leather strap at the rear which comes up behind the seat back and fasterns there by a lift a dot. The seat back top is then adjusted by aluminium knobs which are screwed in or out of the cross beam behind the seat and which bear on the top corners of the seat back. Good luck, Simon
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3677 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2008 :  19:08:54  Show Profile
Simon

e-mail me off line with your contact details and I will send you some pics of my PA which has the same sort of seat fitting you're describing.

Regards
Dick Morbey, PA/B 0743
Go to Top of Page

Simon

United Kingdom
448 Posts

Posted - 13/10/2008 :  18:48:03  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by DickMorbey

Simon

e-mail me off line with your contact details and I will send you some pics of my PA which has the same sort of seat fitting you're describing.

Regards
Dick Morbey, PA/B 0743

quote:

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000