Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Bob Jones, RIP
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3680 Posts

Posted - 20/09/2022 :  14:17:11  Show Profile
This afternoon Chaz Jones has brought the sad news of the death of his father, Bob.

In Chaz's words:
With huge sadness I must announce the passing of Bob . My Father, Teacher, Partner, Team Leader and Best Friend. Suddenly and peacefully, yesterday aged 81. A life well lived. RIP Dad.

Bob Jones is nowadays remembered as the founder of the very highly regarded Baynton Jones Motorsport business and his Triple-M roots go back very many years. He was a respected engineer, writer and contributor in very many ways to the progress of the Triple-M Register. Bob was our technical representative from 1992-2005 and evidence of his engineering excellence can be seen in the fast and very competitive L type, now raced by Chaz.

Sincere sympathies and good wishes go to Chaz and the family.

RIP Bob.

Dick Morbey, Register Secretary
PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
secretary@triple-mregister.org

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3243 Posts

Posted - 20/09/2022 :  14:37:49  Show Profile
How very sad - I had known Bob for more years than I care to remember, he was always so helpful, knowledgeable and a true enthusiast.

My condolences to Chaz and the family.

George

Edited by - George Eagle on 20/09/2022 14:56:59
Go to Top of Page

Ray Masters

United Kingdom
568 Posts

Posted - 20/09/2022 :  14:59:57  Show Profile
Very sorry to hear the news of Bob’s passing . Always a bright and cheerful man he will be sadly missed .
Condolences to Chaz and family. Ray
Go to Top of Page

Mike Allison

United Kingdom
196 Posts

Posted - 20/09/2022 :  15:21:43  Show Profile
Too have known Bob for many years and will miss his bonhomie and fun approach to everything he did in life. My thoughts are with Karen, Charles, and their greater family. Rip, Bob. Mike & Anne.
Go to Top of Page

Teifion

United Kingdom
145 Posts

Posted - 20/09/2022 :  18:52:40  Show Profile
Saddened to hear the news of Bob's passing, thoughts + condolences to his family#128532;

Teifion
Go to Top of Page

colintf

United Kingdom
1505 Posts

Posted - 20/09/2022 :  19:08:04  Show Profile
Such sad sad news :(

Colin Murrell
PA0786 (D0285 previously)
Photographer for MGCC (LeMans Classic, Oldtimer Grand Prix etc) & MG Motor (BTCC 2012-5)
http://www.triple-mracing.com/
Go to Top of Page

JMH

United Kingdom
913 Posts

Posted - 20/09/2022 :  19:57:06  Show Profile
Sad news indeed.Bob did the bottom end for all three of my MMMs & when the Register went Record Breaking; Bob's engines made the grade & went the distance - 20 National & 2 International over 24hrs, still buzzing at the end (& that was only one of his engines) says it all. Happy to share advice & ideas, though I was barely out of my teens when we first met, I counted him as a friend. Cheers Bob; you will be missed. My sincere condolences to Chaz and all the family.

JH
Go to Top of Page

Centric

United Kingdom
140 Posts

Posted - 20/09/2022 :  21:18:33  Show Profile
Very sad news. You will be greatly missed, Bob. Condolences to Chas and the family. RIP.
Go to Top of Page

LewPalmer

USA
3247 Posts

Posted - 20/09/2022 :  23:41:53  Show Profile
Our condolences to Chaz and family. I first met Bob back in 1984 when I travelled to Salisbury, as I recall, to look and purchase a camshaft for my J2. The J2 is long gone, but the cam still ticks on. All my cams since have come from Baynton Jones.

Lew Palmer
PA1169, NA0651
Go to Top of Page

Westbury

United Kingdom
2039 Posts

Posted - 21/09/2022 :  00:36:18  Show Profile
I first met Bob many years ago when he didn’t know me from Adam yet he loaned me a full set of scale chassis drawings for a K3 chassis. I could hardly believe his trust and kindness towards me.
R.I.P. Bob
Chris
Go to Top of Page

Pots

United Kingdom
120 Posts

Posted - 23/09/2022 :  11:08:47  Show Profile
Very sad news indeed. Bob and Chaz (Baynton Jones Historic Motorsport) have been generous enough to be the main Triple M race sponsor for some years now, for which we are all very grateful. I am sure most of our grid have Bobs camshafts fitted and/or engines prepared by Bob and Chaz. Certainly, almost all will have benefited from his advice and support at some stage in their racing career, I know we certainly have.

With very best wishes to Chaz and family, our thoughts are with you....

Duncan

Pots
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3680 Posts

Posted - 30/09/2022 :  21:04:34  Show Profile
Chaz Jones has kindly supplied the following information about the funeral of his father, Bob Jones:

Bob's funeral will be at Salisbury Crematorium at 2pm, Thursday October 20th.
Afterwards we will gather at Salisbury and South Wilts Sports Club (on the A36 West, right on the edge of the town)

No Flowers please, but instead donations to the Wessex Rivers Trust can be made through this page:
https://robert-dudley-jones.muchloved.com/

Dad was not in favour of a sombre gathering as all his friends will be more than aware! We are requesting that Black be avoided and where possible the gents wear Club Ties to add a splash of colour to the celebration of Dad's life, and to acknowledge the many organisations that he wholeheartedly supported, competed for and against throughout his life. (500OA, Hagley and District LCC, BARC, Walsall, Coventry and Winchester RFCs, MGCC, VSCC to name a few).

Vintage and Classic motors of all makes are welcome.

PLEASE LET US KNOW IF YOU ARE PLANNING TO ATTEND : baynton.jones@gmail.com
Charles Jones
Baynton Jones Historic Motorsport

Dick Morbey, Register Secretary
PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
secretary@triple-mregister.org
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: