Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Parts for Sale Advertisements for parts MUST have
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Bruce Sutherland

United Kingdom
1578 Posts

Posted - 26/09/2022 :  22:25:37  Show Profile
If a requirement for Triple-M members having parts for sale is a cost/price, WHY is this not a requirement for ALL TRADERS (many already identify costs) who have parts for sale (understandably not for Traders services which require assessment/review of features needing examination of items before restoration/repair) ??

Bruce. (PB0564)

Nick Feakes

USA
3397 Posts

Posted - 27/09/2022 :  16:21:00  Show Profile
Bruce
I think you are asking the wrong question. The better question is why do we require a price on the "Parts for Sale" forum?
Originally we did not require prices on either forum. Then someone requested "offers" for an advertised part. There ensued a protracted dispute over who had offered how much and when etc. This resulted in a deal of bad feeling and was impossible to resolve to the satisfaction of anybody. We decided that if someone wishes to auction parts, they should use on of the on-line auction houses. This is why we require a fixed price (or Free).
We see no need to require traders to comply with the same conditions, if you need to know the price of an item they are selling, simply contact them. Also this is not something I would imagine most private sellers would want to be bothered with.
I hope that resolves the issue for you?
Nick

Webmaster
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000