Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Split Inner Track Crankshaft Bearings
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Richard Hardy

United Kingdom
2159 Posts

Posted - 25/10/2008 :  00:47:58  Show Profile
J/C/D/M and F type owners as well as Morris Minor OHC members may be interested to know that we have today been approached to purchase a quantity of new original old stock QJM 1 3/8 split inner track crankshaft bearings, still in sealed packets and boxed.

These are generally most difficult to locate now but if we receive some early initial interest then we will purchase the batch and offer these out at £155 each plus postage. If anyone wished to express interest then can they please visit the Latest News section of the Parts Catalogue page on the www.vintageMGparts.com website

Regards
Rich H

talbot

United Kingdom
718 Posts

Posted - 25/10/2008 :  17:39:58  Show Profile
I purchased one of these bearings from Richard about a year ago. Don't know if mine is the same as the ones he is selling now but the quality of mine is first class

Jan T
Go to Top of Page

mgptype

United Kingdom
709 Posts

Posted - 25/10/2008 :  19:36:23  Show Profile
Jan,

You are absolutely right about the quality, I have bought several parts from Rich and they have all been of the highest quality.

Fred..
Go to Top of Page

McEvoy

United Kingdom
252 Posts

Posted - 26/10/2008 :  01:13:59  Show Profile
Just in case some owners of the two bearing crank engine are unaware that the QJM 1.3/8" bearing is available from a number of outlets but is not always what it seems. Some are sold as "Location Spec" which means that the O/D is undersize so that it locates the bearing axially and not radially so beware it takes axial load only. Always go to people like Sports & Vintage Motors and Vintage MMM parts where they know what is correct and will ensure that the O/D is correct.
Bob
Go to Top of Page

Richard Hardy

United Kingdom
2159 Posts

Posted - 26/10/2008 :  10:50:01  Show Profile
Bob

There are other people in the MMM supplier world besides those you mention who sell correct and high quality parts!!!!

Bob, you are right to raise this but I am well aware of location bearings issues and these are not the ones you make reference too. We have stocked these before and I incidentally I have just installed a another from the original batch supplier in a second J4 style engine currently being assembled!!!!

Thank you to the other members by the way for their kind comments about www.vintageMGparts.com Much appreciated

Rich H
Go to Top of Page

Richard Hardy

United Kingdom
2159 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2008 :  16:56:08  Show Profile
We have extended our deadline to this Friday for all those M/J/F/D/C and Pre war Morris Minor owners who have not yet registered interest in ordering a new old stock split track crankshaft bearing if you intended to do so. As stated earlier, this is not the undersize RM location bearing. OD dia 3.50 inch

Late interest can be registered direct at enquiries@vintageMGparts.com. and the bearing is shown on the Parts Catalogue section of www.vintagemgparts.com

Regards

Rich H
Go to Top of Page

Bernard

United Kingdom
69 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2008 :  18:00:05  Show Profile
Hi,
I have an QMJ 1 3/8 split inner race main bearing with additional ref DMJT 1 3/8 and R&M F52. Still in sealed packet. Does anyone know if this is the correct bearing and not the location bearing as discussed and is the only check the OD size. Difficult due to packing.

thanks
bernard
Go to Top of Page

Richard Hardy

United Kingdom
2159 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2008 :  23:37:37  Show Profile
Bernard

This is the location bearing reference number you have quoted.

No more members orders please by the way on the QJM ref.

Rich H

Edited by - Richard Hardy on 07/11/2008 23:43:59
Go to Top of Page

Richard Hardy

United Kingdom
2159 Posts

Posted - 29/11/2008 :  18:37:52  Show Profile
Bernard

If you wish to contact me off line, I have some more original new old stock split inner track bearings in stock.

Rich H
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000