Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Shoe Wear
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kimber

United Kingdom
1529 Posts

Posted - 27/11/2008 :  15:58:53  Show Profile
I have not driven a Triple M car frequently for some years. I have been getting a lot of satisfaction by using my P-type pretty much daily and I am reminded how rapidly the sole of the right shoe wears by the action of the accelerator pedal.
Anyone else noticed that, or is it just that I am particularly heavy with the right-foot?

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3238 Posts

Posted - 27/11/2008 :  20:05:59  Show Profile
I regularly drove my everyday car, PA1248 Reg ARE132, and also used to notice the wear on my right shoe. Also the side of my shoe used to get a fair bit of wear from rubbing on the inner side of the bonnet!

George.

Edited by - George Eagle on 27/11/2008 20:08:16
Go to Top of Page

Bob Stringfield

United Kingdom
854 Posts

Posted - 28/11/2008 :  09:57:04  Show Profile

See also 'MMM cars in films',

Surely, unless one keeps a pair of shoes exclusively for MMM driving, the alleged wear on the right sole must be partly caused by driving, say, one's other car(s)? Any pendant pedal will cause wear because of it's arc of travel differing from that of the shoe.

Crumbly the Chummy has a through-floor type of pedal. Here the right shoe wear is due to mighty pressure on the 'brake' pedal whilst simultaneously heaving on the handbrake, changing down and signalling. Luckily, no Radio/MP3 player is fitted.

If a MMM car were to produce extra shoe wear, it might be on the much-used clutch foot during multiple gear-changes.
Perhaps the present fashion for fitting Wilson 'boxes in place of the standard gears is owing to a desire to save shoe-leather.
Go to Top of Page

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3238 Posts

Posted - 28/11/2008 :  12:16:15  Show Profile
Perhaps I will have the worst of all worlds as regards to shoe wear -my NB has a standard close ratio PB box and I have fitted an ENV75 to the L2!
Go to Top of Page

kimber

United Kingdom
1529 Posts

Posted - 28/11/2008 :  15:37:47  Show Profile
George, at least it will be evenly spread across both feet! There is nothing more infuriating than paying to have a pair of shoes re-soled when one is worn through and the other is fine. Still, that's all small part of the price we pay for the cars we enjoy.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000