Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Congratulations to the MGCC - a new low for MMMs
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Onno

Netherlands
1045 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2023 :  18:08:20  Show Profile
If I look at the race fee I have to pay for racing with the MGCC vs VSCC I can safely say the MGCC supports MMM racing plenty!
And perhaps not complain about the MMM presence in a promo film but come to the event and watch the MMM racing

Onno "J,D,M" Könemann
Go to Top of Page

Teifion

United Kingdom
137 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2023 :  18:26:57  Show Profile
Ditto that Onno, dead right..

Teifion
Go to Top of Page

leafrancis14

United Kingdom
323 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2023 :  19:01:02  Show Profile
It's only £50 to join the MGCC or £54 for a joint membership. That's hardly expensive and a bargain just for this forum.

I have just resigned from the VSCC because they don't organise much up here and £100 is a bit much just for the bulletin. On the other hand the MGCC Caledonian centre is very active.

I think it's high time to restrict all of this forum to members like almost all other clubs.

Barny Creaser
(Portpatrick)
Go to Top of Page

Richard Hardy

United Kingdom
2161 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2023 :  20:14:18  Show Profile
We seem to be going off topic rather.

The point I have raised refers to the distinct lack of any recognition by the MGCC for MMM activity in its promotional film, and especially when this event is supposedly celebrating 100 years of the club’s existence, where MMM cars created its very foundation.

This is not a topic regarding ‘freeloaders’ and I sense the odd undertone here. I have certainly financially supported the Register more than most over the years and, I continue to work tirelessly, again more than most, in keeping enthusiast’s MMM cars on the road. The MMM committee is also well aware that I derive limited beneficial return through advertising in the Yearbook although I have continued to contribute in the past to provide needed financial assistance where MGCC financial contributions are sadly known to be so lacking. Software support by the way will be nominal in keeping the forum package up and running, and should be nothing more.

The volunteers to the MMM Register are all doing a fantastic job but I personally find the MGCC’s general apathy towards MMM cars to be somewhat indefensible, unless of course an MGCC Committee member can provide sound reasoning for why only 1/180th worth of MMM airtime over 90 seconds was deemed adequate. It would have cost nothing to be a little more inclusive and, to show a degree of appreciation for the register’s continuing efforts.

I do think this situation reflects a club which has morphed itself into a business where it’s core values have drifted, possibly through nothing more than ignorance, a bit like showing the Morgan car on one of its online promotions maybe. The MGCC have shown plenty of examples of poor decision making over recent years and I know of so many MMM members who will no longer support this club the way it has been running itself. And, it could take little extra effort on their behalf to raise MMM subscriptions if they employed a lateral thinking approach.

I would genuinely very much like to renew my club subscription, but I cannot rejoin a car club with such MMM apathy as it remains. Sorry #128542;

Rich

Vintage MG Parts
Go to Top of Page

Dolts

United Kingdom
1129 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2023 :  21:47:44  Show Profile
Never seen anything to suggest our club doesn’t recognise MMM.
Without the ongoing support of the MGCC our racing wouldn’t be here.

Is a shame they haven’t included us in any promo though, as we will be present racing for the first time in a long while. But I have no idea or control in that.

But I will be at the event and we are gonna do everything possible to put on a show on and off the track. I m excited to make it a good year.

Mark Dolton
Triple-M Racing

Go to Top of Page

Teifion

United Kingdom
137 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2023 :  22:09:13  Show Profile
Couldn't agree more Dolts.

Teifion
Go to Top of Page

Dolts

United Kingdom
1129 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2023 :  08:35:34  Show Profile
Just watched this promo vid which I agree isn’t the greatest. But not the end of the world.
I m going to see if I can get a little vid made to showcase the MMMs and promote the race and K3 display we are putting together.
So much work going on behind the scenes can we try to switch this from disappointment to showing the club and everyone else what we can do.

With respect, I doubt any of you are aware of the work going on to get us back to Silverstone this yr. MGCC is just one aspect these days. Duncan is working tirelessly with multiple parties. We really need positivity to help deliver.
We still can control what the Triple-M community can enjoy at MG 100. Good grid, good support, amazing K3 display (8 so far), social BBQ . Perhaps we can show what we can achieve.

And if anyone wants to help, just say hello!

Mark Dolton
Triple-M Racing

Go to Top of Page

Keith Durston

United Kingdom
711 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2023 :  09:22:04  Show Profile
Mark.
I have to admit to frequently feeling being overlooked by the MGCC despite having been a member for well over 50 years. It has always been a bit like that as my M type seemed to be viewed as old fashioned and slow and not like a "real" MG sports car when I joined in the 60s. That feeling has certainly changed within the Triple M Register and I have for many years enjoyed being a small part of this community. So I have an understanding of why some of the feelings expressed in this thread exist. I am however inspired by people like you who are working with such enthusiasm and loyalty to the cause so please keep it up. I might even come and see you perform at Silverstone although I must admit seeing our beloved cars plod round the new circuit isn't the best spectacle for me.
Well done you and all the others like you.
Keith
Go to Top of Page

Dolts

United Kingdom
1129 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2023 :  09:35:50  Show Profile
Thanks Keith, yup a long lap, but I can guarantee we wont be plodding!! Thats why we love Brands, you can see it all. So something for everyone this yr I hope.

Mark Dolton
Triple-M Racing

Go to Top of Page

Keith Durston

United Kingdom
711 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2023 :  09:49:57  Show Profile
Brands I love and I am nearly always there. Here is a photo of my car (not my girl friend but a mate's!) at Brands Hatch in the 60s when I was marshalling there. Geoff Coles (J4), Syd Beer (K3 monoposto) Malcolm Beer (ex Harvey Noble Q type) and a load of other Triple Mers that day!
Keith

Go to Top of Page

Dolts

United Kingdom
1129 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2023 :  09:52:51  Show Profile
Lovely!!

Back on topic, I ve just seen a MGCC Post on FB, saying they will be updating info for MMM and k390 at MG 100 soon. So maybe that will be a more positive spin for us.

Mark Dolton
Triple-M Racing

Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6144 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2023 :  09:58:17  Show Profile
For those who say that the MGCC offers nothing for Triple-M folks - yes it does: it’s called the Triple-M Register! The Register isn’t some casual, stand alone grouping such as you’d find on Farcebook; it’s a part of the MGCC but, for now, doesn’t differentiate between MGCC members and non-members. Perhaps it should?

Simon J
J3437

Edited by - Simon Johnston on 08/02/2023 09:58:48
Go to Top of Page

Ian Bowers

United Kingdom
942 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2023 :  10:41:51  Show Profile
Simon, I am not too confident that your argument makes sense. The Snitz Forum engine on which this Forum is based is free to use and doesn't of itself require any subsidy from MGCC.

The remainder of the site does of course require funding.

The Forum does, however, depend hugely on the free input of time and expertise from the administrators, who also approve access.

They are the ones to be thanked for this specific service, rather than MGCC.

Ian Bowers
OD 6791
J3 3772

Edited by - Ian Bowers on 08/02/2023 10:42:33
Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6144 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2023 :  11:34:35  Show Profile
I wasn’t referring to the Forum, Ian, but simply making the point that the Register is part of the MGCC so one can’t say that the MGCC offers nothing for Triple-M folks.

Simon J
J3437
Go to Top of Page

tonym

United Kingdom
653 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2023 :  14:31:48  Show Profile
Richard H should be applauded as it seems his financial and IT support is what is keeping this Register running.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000