Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 PA/B seen for sale
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

phil

United Kingdom
149 Posts

Posted - 26/11/2008 :  13:11:02  Show Profile
Hi, whilst scanning a popular magazine, I notice an advert for a PA/B special. Ready to race. The price, a mere £64,950!!!!!!!!!
Someone must know this car, can any of you explain the price please.
What makes a Ptype so valuable?
The sellers site has good pictures. im still trying to workout how the steering wheel appears central.
link-
http://www.classiccarshop.co.uk/Cars/mg_pa_special.htm

yours shockedley,
Phil

Bob Clare

United Kingdom
278 Posts

Posted - 28/11/2008 :  00:35:30  Show Profile
Hi Phil,

This is PA 2002, the ex Nigel Musselwhite (who died some time back)car. It was sold for ú31.9k at Classic Auctions in 9/07 but quickly re-appeared for sale the same month for a lot more.

As to what it's worth, well it's not sold yet so far as I know, so obviously less than currently being asked!!

Bob Clare
Registrar
Go to Top of Page

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3238 Posts

Posted - 28/11/2008 :  12:40:46  Show Profile
I did not realise this car belonged to Nigel Musselwhite who was a very accomplished and fast driver. Amongst the cars Nigel owned was my old PA1248 2 seater which was rebuilt as the Bonda Primer special following a fire in the 60's.

Nigel also built and raced a copy of EX120. I cannot recall but I believe parts of the engine might be original but the rest was built up from standard Triple-M parts. I think the car now resides in a museum in Japan. Our Registrar Bob Clare will have the details.

Nigel was the Chief Fire Officer for Devon, and at the time of his untimely death had moved to a Cougar kit car fitted with Jaguar XK engine etc.

George Eagle
Hon Sec

Go to Top of Page

Cymber

United Kingdom
966 Posts

Posted - 28/11/2008 :  14:10:26  Show Profile
Phil,
As far as I can see the steering colomn is angled and the steering wheel is cockeyed. The clue is that the colunm goes through the firewall nearer the centreline of the car than normally.
The thing that puzzles me is that I can't see a gearchange pedal.

Silly me, the gearchange pedal will be on the left of the gearbox in a single seater.

Maurice Blakey.

Edited by - Cymber on 29/11/2008 11:14:53
Go to Top of Page

JMH

United Kingdom
911 Posts

Posted - 28/11/2008 :  21:39:36  Show Profile
Isn't it the car that was originaly christened "Piglet", (Nigel started the build intending to put an A series midget engine in it)? The car that ended up with a proper P Type engine & the body from his "original" EX120 rep which was built on a D chassis - but we'd better end that particular subject before the water heats up too much! As to this car; I'm pretty sure that it never looked like that when Nigel owned it.

JH
Go to Top of Page

Bob Stringfield

United Kingdom
854 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2008 :  10:44:05  Show Profile

An 'ex-Jacques Potherat' and modified PA, CBY 217, to the fashionable blown racer specification, but otherwise un-documented, is for sale at Bruno Vendiesse. See Prewarcar.

'Price on request'

Much plenty Euros needed to buy, I imagine,
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000