Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Home page suggestion.
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

Bruce Sutherland

United Kingdom
1564 Posts

Posted - 23/01/2009 :  21:08:09  Show Profile
Peter,
Thank you, precisely what I was after in my original question.

Considerable interest has been shown for further enhancements which makes more work/headaches for you and Nick.

However the ability to illustrate queries and replies with drawings or sketches accompanying text would be highly desirable, if this were feasible, and having photos on a linked website would seem a reasonable compromise.

Bruce. (PB0564)
Go to Top of Page

Peter Green

United Kingdom
1682 Posts

Posted - 26/01/2009 :  16:41:59  Show Profile
I am pleased to announce that members will be able to post pictures on this forum from later today. Richard White of Vindos Web Design, who maintains our website, will make a posting later today in which he will give brief instructions as to how a picture can be added to a posting.

Peter.
Go to Top of Page

richard

United Kingdom
5 Posts

Posted - 26/01/2009 :  17:15:36  Show Profile
You wil notice when making a post that there is a new image button next to the email button in the "Format" section. The easiest way to use this is to select "Prompt" from the "Format Mode" dropdown and then click the image button. You then simply need to paste the url of the image.

Using Flickr:
To get the URL of the actual image file, find the photo you want to use. Click the "All Sizes" button above it and select the size you want (I suggest medium). If the photo is yours, two text fields appear below the photo. The second of these contains the URL of the image itself.
Go to Top of Page

Peter Scott

United Kingdom
1240 Posts

Posted - 26/01/2009 :  19:35:50  Show Profile
Peter & Richard

Just tried the new facility to download pictures and it works fine and is easy to use.

Thanks for your time and effort, Peter

PS I have made a little progress with the scuttle job but not taken any further pictures. The awful piece of plywood has gone and a Rique Llinare part is being installed.
Go to Top of Page

Bob Stringfield

United Kingdom
854 Posts

Posted - 26/01/2009 :  21:12:58  Show Profile
Many thanks to those who have bought us up to date.

Bob.
Go to Top of Page

Bruce Sutherland

United Kingdom
1564 Posts

Posted - 26/01/2009 :  21:13:13  Show Profile
Peter (G) & Richard,
Well done, it's great when expectations (from the original query) are exceeded. Thank you.

Bruce. (PB0564)
Go to Top of Page

Terry Andrews

United Kingdom
546 Posts

Posted - 26/01/2009 :  23:11:13  Show Profile
Hi Peter& Richard,

From what I have seen this new facility is great news. Peter Scott has got the hang of how to do it. I do not fully understand RichardÆs instructions. What is Flickr? Do we have to register, if so how do we do it?

I have had a go and I think I can drag and drop an image on to a new topic but this was too big and I could not reduce the size. Could someone post on the main site a step by step guide (idiots guide for me) how to put an image on? I do not seem to have the drop down menus mentioned or I may be looking in the wrong place. Sorry to be APITAà.. Terry
Go to Top of Page

Peter Green

United Kingdom
1682 Posts

Posted - 27/01/2009 :  00:23:06  Show Profile
I have just registered with Flickr.com, so I am using this posting as a test to see how easy it is to include a diagram with a posting. If the diagram is included it is fairly easy to do.

Peter.

Go to Top of Page

Nick Feakes

USA
3372 Posts

Posted - 27/01/2009 :  00:27:24  Show Profile
I have just completed the process and this is a picture of my PA when it left France to be shipped to the US.

How to do it. Go to http://www.flickr.com If you already have a password for yahoo then you may use that, if not, join yahoo and get your username and password. Once you have entered flickr then you can start uploading pictures.
Click on "choose photos", that will open a browse window so that you can choose your picture.
When you are finished choosing pictures, click on "Upload photos".
When that is complete, along the menu items near the top select "You".
You will then see the pictures you have uploaded.
Right click on the picture you wish to add to this site.
Left click on "Copy Image Location".
You are almost there!
In the Message create window ("new topic' or "reply to topic") near the top there is a drop down list next to "Format Mode" click on the down arrow and select "Prompt".
When you want to insert your picture click on the yellowish icon showing a mountain (Insert Image), you will get a pop-up box with http:// highlighted, whilst holding down the Ctrl key, press V (or File - Edit - Paste), this will insert the internet location of your picture.
Finish your post and click "Post New Reply" at the bottom.
Voila!
don't worry, it is much harder to describe than to do!!

Nick
Go to Top of Page

Peter Scott

United Kingdom
1240 Posts

Posted - 27/01/2009 :  10:10:00  Show Profile
Nick

Good to see your car.

Somewhere along the process, in FlickR, I had to choose the size of the picture, which Richard suggested should be 'medium'. From my eperience, on the VSCC forum, pictures which are too large make a mess of the screen layout.

Peter
Go to Top of Page

Terry Andrews

United Kingdom
546 Posts

Posted - 27/01/2009 :  11:02:46  Show Profile
Nick, I printed of your instructions which I thought looked very good until I tried them. I got so far and then hit a problem because I did not get the option of "Copy Image Location". See Below. What am I doing wrong or is my Windows XP not at the right Software level?

How to do it. Go to http://www.flickr.com If you already have a password for yahoo then you may use that, if not, join yahoo and get your username and password. Registered OK Once you have entered flickr then you can start uploading pictures.
Click on "choose photos", that will open a browse window so that you can choose your picture.
When you are finished choosing pictures, click on "Upload photos".
When that is complete, along the menu items near the top select "You" ....OK up to here

You will then see the pictures you have uploaded .....OK here too.

Right click on the picture you wish to add to this site ....This is were things go wrong!!!

Left click on "Copy Image Location"...... I do not get this option!!!! so I tried every thing I can think of.

You are almost there! ( Wish I was!)

In the Message create window ("new topic' or "reply to topic") near the top there is a drop down list next to "Format Mode" click on the down arrow and select "Prompt". Yes Ok with this

When you want to insert your picture click on the yellowish icon showing a mountain (Insert Image), you will get a pop-up box with http:// highlighted, whilst holding down the Ctrl key, press V (or File - Edit - Paste), this will insert the internet location of your picture......

I tried copying the picture location in here as I did not have the "Copy Image Location" when I viewed the actions I got a little box with a red cross in it for the image!!!

Finish your post and click "Post New Reply" at the bottom.
Voila!
don't worry, it is much harder to describe than to do!!

Nick

Go to Top of Page

kimber

United Kingdom
1529 Posts

Posted - 27/01/2009 :  13:04:13  Show Profile

Seems to work OK for me.

Nice one, chaps!

Terry - try this: - Right click on the pic, click on Properties. then highlight the full URL and copy it by CTRL + C. Add to your posting (CTRL + V)and hey presto.

Edited by - kimber on 27/01/2009 13:09:30
Go to Top of Page

Nick Feakes

USA
3372 Posts

Posted - 27/01/2009 :  13:27:32  Show Profile
Hi Terry
The mouse pointer has to be on the picture.
Then click the right mouse button, you should then get a pop-up menu.
There are several options.
Move the mouse pointer to "Copy Image Location" and left click on it. This copies the internet address of the picture to your clipboard (a temporary storage place on your computer). You can also click on "Properties", highlight the URL and "Edit - Copy" that, it comes to the same thing.
You now paste that address into the topic reply as per my instructions.
Please let me know if you are still having difficulties.

Everyone please feel free to practice putting pictures on this thread until you have figured out the process. I believe you can subsequently delete the post but if not, send me an e-mail and I will do it for you.
Nick
Go to Top of Page

John Reid

United Kingdom
704 Posts

Posted - 27/01/2009 :  13:59:35  Show Profile
Like Terry I didn't get "Copy image location" when R clicking on the photo, but it all worked perfectly when copying and pasting the URL from "Properties".

Something I found by accident - if when replying to a message you forget to set the Format Mode to Prompt (i.e. it still says Basic), when you click on the Mountain (Insert Image) then (img)(/img)appears. You then paste the URL between the first (img) and (/img) and you end up with the same result.

All in all, a most useful addition to the website and I assume that using this FlickR link to our photos gets over the concerns we had about security.

Many thanks
John R
Go to Top of Page

Peter Green

United Kingdom
1682 Posts

Posted - 27/01/2009 :  14:15:06  Show Profile
John,

You are correct, using Flickr OR OTHER SIMILAR sites does overcome our security concerns.

Peter.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000