Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Home page suggestion.
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3677 Posts

Posted - 27/01/2009 :  15:07:19  Show Profile
Well done all concerned!

A glance back to 1974 ........

Regards
Dick Morbey, PA/B 0743
Go to Top of Page

Terry Andrews

United Kingdom
546 Posts

Posted - 27/01/2009 :  15:28:28  Show Profile

Thanks for all the possible tips everyone! Nick I do not get "Copy Image Location" when right clicking on the photo but I did try pasting the URL this morning but that was when I just got the small square with the red cross for the image. I seem to have got an image on more by luck than anything, so I am going over my process & proceedures again to see if I can log what I did in true quality fasion!

By the way, has anyone got any of these ash trays to sell as I need to for the Continental Coupe..... regards.... Terry
Go to Top of Page

Terry Andrews

United Kingdom
546 Posts

Posted - 27/01/2009 :  15:47:46  Show Profile
Think I have got the hang of this now I have to Control C & V the url in old IMB Mainframe fashion. Here is a picture of my Christmas present. It was found by a non MG friend who told me about it, as he knew I liked old cars. Off the road since 1951 with 61 k miles. So I would be interested to hear from other owners. I need help with the sliding roof but this car has not been touched most things just as it left the factory.
Go to Top of Page

MaGic_GV

United Kingdom
868 Posts

Posted - 27/01/2009 :  16:09:39  Show Profile
That's fantastic Terry, you are a lucky feller - I presume the building going up in the background is the new garage to house all your projects?

Well done Peter and Richard. Having followed this thread and the one about naming the front page images I am most impressed with the response - but then it is the best register in the best club!

Graham

Edited by - MaGic_GV on 27/01/2009 16:10:19
Go to Top of Page

Eric Taylor

France
157 Posts

Posted - 27/01/2009 :  17:17:31  Show Profile
Just trying.

Eric
Go to Top of Page

Peter Scott

United Kingdom
1240 Posts

Posted - 27/01/2009 :  19:24:27  Show Profile
Many hands make light work Taking the best bits of all your suggestions and comments, the procedure can be very short. The quickest route which I can achieve is:

Open reply page on forum:

In FlickR:
1 Click on the required picture, to open it
2 Click on the 'All sizes' icon above the picture
3 Click on 'Medium' (only required if the picture is bigger than 500x375)
4 Copy the URL which is item 2 below the picture

Back to the reply on the forum
1 Click on the images icon
2 Paste the picture URL between the '(img)' and the '(/img)'

Teamwork works , Peter

Go to Top of Page

mgptype

United Kingdom
709 Posts

Posted - 27/01/2009 :  21:06:33  Show Profile
Yes it's so is easy to do.

Fred...
Go to Top of Page

Terry Andrews

United Kingdom
546 Posts

Posted - 27/01/2009 :  21:50:11  Show Profile
Hi Graham,

Please see my retirement homeà. It is called the Pentagon as it has 5 sides. With a rear access and cars can also be brought into the garden. It is well insulated and I had to convince the Local Council I was not building a ôfacilityö to home migrant workers!!! I was lucky that I had this facility when the L CC opportunity cropped up. I am doing research on the L1 but the N 2 seater is progressing. I must complete this first but I have too many cars so something will have to go but I do not what or when yet. I need to do this to have the resources to do the L CC justice. I find it difficult to let go of something I have put a lot of research, time and effort in. Margaret really likes the L CC and it is the first car I have bought that has been complete, so I hope it will be a Triple-M car for our old age!

Thanks to everyone who helped me get pictures on the site and who worked to get this new facility added to the siteà.. WELL DONE & Thanks à. Regards Terry
Go to Top of Page

leckstein

USA
411 Posts

Posted - 27/01/2009 :  22:33:43  Show Profile
Terry, the new find is beautiful. Someone once said that "you can never be too rich or too thin." I always felt that you can never have too much garage space. Surely a small shed can house just one more. Who needs a garden anyway.

Mike L
Go to Top of Page

F0355

South Africa
298 Posts

Posted - 28/01/2009 :  20:38:15  Show Profile
Testing the great new addition to see if I'm up to speed at the "medium" size.

Thanks to all who have made it possible.

Peter Steyn
Johannesburg, RSA

Edited by - F0355 on 28/01/2009 20:42:38
Go to Top of Page

F0355

South Africa
298 Posts

Posted - 28/01/2009 :  20:40:24  Show Profile
And another for good measure at the "small" size.

Peter Steyn
Johannesburg, RSA
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3677 Posts

Posted - 28/01/2009 :  20:50:49  Show Profile
Peter

Regarding the picture of the trafficators - now at last I know what hens' teeth look like!

Regards
Dick Morbey, PA/B 0743
Go to Top of Page

ags

United Kingdom
275 Posts

Posted - 28/01/2009 :  22:27:37  Show Profile
Hi Peter,

The quick guide to adding pictures to the site which you put up mentions only access via a Flickr URL. I have had my own web site for the best part of twenty years now, and since it is a hosted site I have a fixed URL and indeed IP number (for Nick's benefit).

The relevant bits are password protected against change but I cannot claim that it is armoured to the extent that big sites like Flickr, Google etc. would be. Would the quotation of such a URL satisfy your security needs, when uploading pictures?

I am getting to the point of being ready to submit my oil seal investigations, and this will include eight or so dimensioned drawings. However I prefer not to sign up for things that I am unlikely to use a lot.

Thanks for all your efforts, now and over the last N+1 years,

Andrew Smith MMM571

Edited by - ags on 28/01/2009 22:30:18
Go to Top of Page

Rick

United Kingdom
38 Posts

Posted - 29/01/2009 :  08:52:04  Show Profile

Terry

If this ashtray would be suitable for your CC when restored then e-mail me direct with contact details for your "retirement home" and I will post it off (foc).

Regards
Rick
Go to Top of Page

Rodney Collins

United Kingdom
424 Posts

Posted - 29/01/2009 :  09:51:35  Show Profile
Andrew, looking at the excellent photo of your M type model, I think it could do with a little air in the rear off side tyre!

Rodney
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000