Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Website
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Brian Kelly

USA
526 Posts

Posted - 19/02/2009 :  02:57:56  Show Profile
I was having trouble accessing the website for a number of hours earlier today, Wednesday noon-afternoon Midwest time.

Was maintenance being performed or was it my online experience?

Curious;

in Lawrence, Kansas.

Nick Feakes

USA
3372 Posts

Posted - 19/02/2009 :  19:36:02  Show Profile
There was no maintenance of which I was aware, however, it is always possible that one of the servers was down. We did have some problems in the early days but a change of provider seems to have improved things greatly, at least that is my experience. As I am sure you know, the amount of bandwidth available at any time is limited (unless we pay more!) so it is also possible that others were on line at the same time and that was the cause of your problem. Please report further if you are still having difficulties.
Nick
Go to Top of Page

Brian Kelly

USA
526 Posts

Posted - 20/02/2009 :  00:58:08  Show Profile

Thanks Nick,

It's been fine since, but just incase can I have the name of your lawyer?

Brian.
Go to Top of Page

Orstin

United Kingdom
637 Posts

Posted - 27/02/2009 :  17:23:23  Show Profile
I noticed it was down again today - early afternoon UK time. It does seem to do this from time to time..

So many dynamos
Go to Top of Page

Orstin

United Kingdom
637 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2009 :  13:40:52  Show Profile
and it seemed to be down again for me again today - first checked at 08:47 and then on and off through the morning until it re-appeared sometime before now (13:36 gmt) triple-mregister.org appears to disappear from dns..

hope that helps?

So many dynamos
Go to Top of Page

Nick Feakes

USA
3372 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2009 :  21:08:47  Show Profile
I will contact the service provider and see if there are any problems they know of. I doubt it is the traffic on our site but it might be worth asking. I will report back.
Nick

Specialties: P-types & Electrics
Go to Top of Page

Peter Green

United Kingdom
1682 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2009 :  23:30:20  Show Profile
I had no trouble accessing the website this morning, did anyone else have problems?

Peter.
Go to Top of Page

KevinH

United Kingdom
156 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2009 :  08:30:53  Show Profile
I check the website 2 or 3 times each day, and can't remember when I last had problems
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

davies

United Kingdom
699 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2009 :  10:08:36  Show Profile
ditto - NO PROBLEMS - Rich
Go to Top of Page

phil

United Kingdom
149 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2009 :  12:13:35  Show Profile
I have had regular problems with website for months but can live with it, however, my pcs at my other address have no trouble accessing site when i cant view here. I asked a techie bloke I know, he explained that not all isps (service providers) are the same in quality.
1 connection is on virgin, the other on talk talk.
I asked a friend who was on talk talk to check the site, he too couldnt access it at the same time.
Techie bloke explained in far to deep detail for me but there you go,
thats my two pennies worth.
Go to Top of Page

John Reid

United Kingdom
704 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2009 :  12:33:49  Show Profile
I have no problems accessing the site, including during the times/dates mentioned in this topic. My service provider is BT.
John R
Go to Top of Page

Orstin

United Kingdom
637 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2009 :  13:28:35  Show Profile
Having had a bit more of a dig with our network guys, it appears that the host of the forum has two 'name servers' (the computers that say 'I am triple-mregister.org when someone tries to connect over the internet). 1 of those (ns1.49services.com) appears not to always provide the IP address for the web site. Apologies for putting the techie stuff here, but it explains why some people can log on ok, whilst others cant.

Hope that helps (Nick?)

Orstin

So many dynamos
Go to Top of Page

Nick Feakes

USA
3372 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2009 :  14:58:58  Show Profile
Hi Orstin
That is pretty much the conclusion we were coming to at this end. I will explore further and reply to your e-mail to save others the agony of the geek speak! Just to try and explain what is going on - the internet works with numbers as addresses, ours is 213.228.193.95 not very memorable!! So at the beginning of the web it was decided to use names for sites (triple-mregister.org for example) so there needs to be a directory where the association between names and numbers happens, these are called DNS (Domain Name Servers). To provide backup in the event one DNS is busy or out of service there are backup servers with duplicated information, and we all know what happens when you try and keep the same information in more than one place!
Nick
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000