Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Brass plates on J2's
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

gsrun

United Kingdom
180 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2009 :  18:55:12  Show Profile
Can anyone please tell me which J2's had the (almost) full length brass plate on the O/S of the cam cover and which had the shorter plate? Does it depend on age or did it change for reasons of economy of manufacture or is it neither here nor there which cars have which?
Graham R

Robin Hamblett

United Kingdom
534 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2009 :  19:46:38  Show Profile
Hi Graham

If my information is correct? All J2's had both plates fitted, one either side of the rocker box.

Regards

Robin

Go to Top of Page

tholden

United Kingdom
1638 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2009 :  19:54:43  Show Profile
Graham just to confuse the issue further there is also two different types of the larger plate. I believe the one that has the panel on the left saying "The 8/33 MG Midget, J type engine No.... is the earlier of the two larger plates. I agree that some cars also had the smaller plate but I do not know why or when this was used in the production run.

TH
Go to Top of Page

gsrun

United Kingdom
180 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2009 :  20:26:23  Show Profile
Sorry if I was not clear - it is indeed the difference between the two larger plates that I was questioning - one version is 12 1/2 inches long and the other type is 7 1/2 - either one or the other is on the O/S of the cover whereas the N/S of the cover has a tiny plate with patent numbers on it.
Graham
Go to Top of Page

tholden

United Kingdom
1638 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2009 :  21:18:43  Show Profile
Graham I am only referring to the plates on the O/S not the very small one on the N/S

TH
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000