Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 M Type History
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

leckstein

USA
411 Posts

Posted - 24/06/2009 :  12:54:58  Show Profile
Our club has set up a program of selecting certain members to create a display of the history of their cars. Most involve postwar T types. None the less I will attempt to create a history of my M type and Bob Clare has got me started.The car was built in November 1930 and registered in Manchester as VU 4037 (Manchester library no longer maintains these eary registration records). The Chass. # is 2M 2305.

I am looking for information on B.Barber of Bromley Lancs. who owned the car before 1971, A.G. Dunkerly of Summerseat,Nr.Bury, Lansc. who owned the car in the 1970's, and Peter Farmer of Bitteswell, Lutterworth Le17 who acquired the car 1988. I purchased the car from James Mumford.
If anyone on this list knew these people or the car when they owned it, I would appreciate being contacted.

In the US there are many people locaters . I use them as I organize my school reunions from the class of 1960. I assume they exist in the UK. Perhaps if someone has a moment, they can try and find an address or telephone number for these prior owners. Obviously I do have information on Mr. Mumford.

If anyone has original historical data on late 1930 M Types or period pictures they could copy or share, please advise, as it will add to the display I am planning.

Thanks in advance for any help
Mike L

Edited by - leckstein on 24/06/2009 12:59:15

John Reid

United Kingdom
704 Posts

Posted - 24/06/2009 :  23:28:34  Show Profile
Mike,

Have you contacted Mike Dalby? He has done a lot of research into M-types and may be able to help.

Contact me offline and I will send you his address, etc.

John R
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000