Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 J2 chassis cross member
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

njnh

United Kingdom
405 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2010 :  21:37:58  Show Profile
Advice please. Regarding the chassis cross-member that lies behind the axle and in front of the battery carrier and is attached each side to the chassis by bolts. Should this cross-member have a channel section as suggested in the photograph on Page 9 of the factory Instruction Manual, or should this be a simple steel bar as on my car? One would imagine that a channel section would have more resistance to bending.

Nigel

Steve Cooper

United Kingdom
57 Posts

Posted - 13/05/2010 :  12:53:30  Show Profile
I assume you are talking about the J2. There is only one manual that shows this on page 9 and that is the J2. It is also shown on page 7. In which case it is just a simple steel bar, as you put it. I don't think a channel section is suggested, just a bit of artistic enhancement! The bar is attached to "U" shaped brackets with two bolts at each end which in turn are attached to the chassis with four bolts each side. The shock absorbers are also attached to the "U" shaped brackets with four bolts each side.
Go to Top of Page

njnh

United Kingdom
405 Posts

Posted - 13/05/2010 :  22:06:14  Show Profile
Thanks Steve
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page