Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Glyptal
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mgptype

United Kingdom
709 Posts

Posted - 18/05/2010 :  20:00:32  Show Profile
While I am waiting for my con rods to be machined I thought of sealing the inside of the block with Glyptal 1201 enamel. Has any one done this to there engine, is it worth doing to prevent any build up of sludge and keep the inside clean or will it eventually flake off and cause problems. All comments are welcome.

Fred...

etlanpa

United Kingdom
560 Posts

Posted - 19/05/2010 :  08:27:33  Show Profile
Yes - I used this on the inside of my new block and also my magnesium sump. Very good for sealing older, porous castings, and also for ensuring any casting sand doesn't get into the oil (it doesn't matter how many times you clean a new casting, you can never be sure you remove all the sand!).
Go to Top of Page

mgptype

United Kingdom
709 Posts

Posted - 19/05/2010 :  09:16:53  Show Profile
Thanks Adrian,

I think I will go ahead and do my block, I also have a new sump which will get the same treatment.

Fred...
Go to Top of Page

etlanpa

United Kingdom
560 Posts

Posted - 19/05/2010 :  09:55:26  Show Profile
Fred - if the sump is new it's most likely been vacuum impregnated, so painting with Glyptal is probably a waste of time....
Go to Top of Page

mgptype

United Kingdom
709 Posts

Posted - 19/05/2010 :  10:09:05  Show Profile
Adrian,

Yes you are absolutely right, the sump is a new one which was vacuum impregnated. I need to get my brain into gear, it must be this lovely sunshine we are having in Suffolk.
Regards.

Fred....
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000