Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Tricky Bit's
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Rodney Collins

United Kingdom
424 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2005 :  09:26:31  Show Profile
I have mounted the pritty bits that stick out each side of the raditor shell to take the head light mounting bracket that goes to the front wings. I purchased a chrome badge bar that goes between the these two brackets. However when I offered up the badge bar it is and inch narrower than the holes in the small brackets sticking out of the rad!! Now I am wondering if the bits I took off are correct The little brackets that stick out of the rad shell were fixed to two crudley bent L shaped breckets which bolted to the back of the rad at the same point as the big triangle bracket that bolts to the cylinder head. When I fitted up the badge bar without any fixings inside there would be no room between the side of the raditor to fit the nut and bolt to hold the two brackets together, as the brackets that pass though the rad shell are almost against the rad. I hope this make sence. I wish I had a completed P type sitting here so every time I find a problem I can look at a properly finished car.

Any help would be greatfully received. Rodney

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3678 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2005 :  10:11:35  Show Profile
Rodney

I suspect that the problem you have encountered can be easily resolved. The two little L-shaped brackets should be fitted behind the main U-shaped steelwork bracket, not on the outside of it.

They are sandwiched between the rad core and the main bracket.

That should shift them inboard a bit, and with luck, the holes may now line up with the badge bar. It should also help to ensure that the healamps and front wings are correctly aligned, because this is affected by the positioning of the headlamp bracket, which connects to all this lot!

Good luck
Dick Morbey

Edited by - DickMorbey on 01/05/2005 10:13:17
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000