Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Event Photos
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Keith Wallace

United Kingdom
367 Posts

Posted - 22/07/2010 :  07:39:58  Show Profile
I notice that there is a delay before event photos are posted, for instance the last Summer Gathering photos posted were for 2007! (Perhaps if the files are getting too big the early ones could be archived)
As a fairly new member, I find the event photos very helpful, in both recognising the cars and owners when attending events.

The Summer Gathering event is particularly good at this because of the large numbers attending and the descriptions added to the photos.

Better still would be, if the ?Members Cars? photos could also included the owner, but perhaps this going too far?).

We are a particularly good looking bunch and it will help new members to be recognised and join in

Keith

Edited by - Keith Wallace on 22/07/2010 07:42:25

Robin Hamblett

United Kingdom
534 Posts

Posted - 22/07/2010 :  08:09:23  Show Profile
Hi Keith

Keep your eyes peeled this weekend and I will try to get some uploaded to the site. It takes a bit of time to get them sized and loaded.

Regards

Robin
Go to Top of Page

McEvoy

United Kingdom
252 Posts

Posted - 22/07/2010 :  16:58:44  Show Profile
Further to your point Keith not sure about car and owner photo as some of us use modern tin tops our tripleM cars not being suitable or legal for road use and therefore not appearing at events such as the Summer Gathering.

I liked the idea tried at the annual dinner of ID badges and maybe these plus car type could be issued to all attendees at events such as the Gathering whether arriving by tin top or a proper car.

Sorry Elizabeth I know that this suggestion would make you more work and come to think of it as Treasurer more cost for the plastic badge holders!

regards to all - bob
Go to Top of Page

Ray Masters

United Kingdom
568 Posts

Posted - 23/07/2010 :  07:41:18  Show Profile
I like the idea of ID badges at all Triple-M gatherings but when I suggested , via this forum , putting our names on our windscreens , discreetly , at Silverstone a couple of years ago it was not taken up by anyone other than , I think , three of us !. Being an infrequent attender of Triple-M events it is often difficult to recognise members one knew many years ago , old racing buddies (yuk) for example or regular forum names.
Go to Top of Page

briang

United Kingdom
218 Posts

Posted - 27/07/2010 :  23:14:06  Show Profile
We are indeed a reticent bunch. Something that bugs me is that in any public gathering of old cars, there are always several which I would like to know more about. The windscreen looks like a MkII, the wheels seem to be from a Continental, and the exhaust pipe comes out the wrong side to be a crossflow etc etc
I suggest we put a small discrete card on the windscreen with very brief details of the make and model of car.
It would stop people calling my J2 a TD or a TC anyway.
I don't for a moment suggest the use of these varnished display boards that stand beside the MkI Cortinas at some local events...!

It sometimes seems we are trying to keep the great british public in ignorance, so that we can be the only ones "in the know".
If they knew more about our sort of car, maybe more would like to own one, or be encouraged to dig Uncle Fred's old MG out of the shed and use it.

Brian
Go to Top of Page

Keith Wallace

United Kingdom
367 Posts

Posted - 28/07/2010 :  08:30:45  Show Profile
When first attending events some 2 years ago now, the same questions were asked: what year is it? what model is it? Or it's a J, PA, T, Type isn't it?

My wife suggested I made a badge that gave the details, the resulting label I made , fitted on to the badge bar with spring clips and works very well , as shown below.

Keith
Go to Top of Page

Robin Hamblett

United Kingdom
534 Posts

Posted - 31/07/2010 :  12:14:12  Show Profile
Hi Keith

My full compliment of pictures is now uploaded from the 2010 Summer Gathering.

Regards

Robin
Go to Top of Page

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3237 Posts

Posted - 31/07/2010 :  12:39:10  Show Profile
Hi Robin

Well done on the photos.

Regards George
Go to Top of Page

peterfenichel

United Kingdom
79 Posts

Posted - 31/07/2010 :  16:03:13  Show Profile
Where are these photos on the website?

Peter Fenichel
Go to Top of Page

Robin Hamblett

United Kingdom
534 Posts

Posted - 31/07/2010 :  21:18:18  Show Profile
Event Photos, choose the event and the year.

Regards

Robin
Go to Top of Page

peterfenichel

United Kingdom
79 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2010 :  17:59:14  Show Profile
When I select the year I only get 1998... when I select an event I only get events from 2003... !! Just me or a clitch in the Matrix?

Peter Fenichel
Go to Top of Page

Robin Hamblett

United Kingdom
534 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2010 :  18:05:12  Show Profile
Hi Peter

Select "Events", then "Event/Venue" choose your event and then the available years will appear on a drop down.

Should be ok, I checked it just a moment ago and all is well.

Regards

Robin
Go to Top of Page

DSW

Germany
95 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2010 :  19:49:49  Show Profile
Robin,
I also have had problems with the photos since they first started up till a moment ago. On selecting "events" absolutely nothing happens at all. On selecting "month & year", then the year only contains 1998 unless a "correct month" is chosen first from the whole list of 12.
Thereafter a list of possible years for the chosen month is offered and one can get at the pictures. A most curious behaviour.
David
Go to Top of Page

DavidK

United Kingdom
14 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2010 :  20:30:59  Show Profile
Robin,

The "Events" photos appear as you say in Internet Explorer 8 but do not appear properly in Firefox 3.6.8;
nothing appears when clicking "Events" and "month & year" gives a series of years all 1998 - as DSW describes.

David Kenny

PA2038
Go to Top of Page

peterfenichel

United Kingdom
79 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2010 :  14:23:05  Show Profile
Finally figured this out... you need to choose a month first, for the year to appear in the drop down window and then pick out the event you want. Seems a bit of an effort to guess how to do that but now have been able to access the photos from the Chairman's BBQ!

Peter Fenichel
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000