Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 PA Windscreen
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Peter Scott

United Kingdom
1240 Posts

Posted - 22/09/2010 :  16:41:31  Show Profile
What is the overall depth of a PA windscreen (the chromed frame) measured at the middle of the front of the screen. And for good measure (if you will excuse the pun) what is the overall depth say 60mm in from the outer edge of the frame?

Thanks for your help, Peter

Peter Scott

United Kingdom
1240 Posts

Posted - 23/09/2010 :  17:26:21  Show Profile
Well guys, if laying your twelve inch rule across the front of your P windscreen frame twice, is too time consuming , I will settled for just the measurement at the centre of the frame .

Many thanks, Peter
Go to Top of Page

mgptype

United Kingdom
709 Posts

Posted - 23/09/2010 :  18:23:23  Show Profile
Hi Peter,

I have measured two screens, one on my PA and my spare.
The one on the car is 10 1/4" at the centre and 11" from the edge of the screen to the cente of the first hood stud.

The spare one is 10" at the center and 11" from the edge to the centre of the hood stud.

So there is a quarter of an inch difference in the centre of both screens.

I don't know if this is correct as both screens have been tampered with but may give you a bit of an idea if others contribute to this post.

Fred..
Go to Top of Page

Peter Scott

United Kingdom
1240 Posts

Posted - 23/09/2010 :  20:51:57  Show Profile
Fred

Thanks for your reply. My frame is 9.8 inch across the centre.

I was asking because someone sold me a replacement glass (at a very very reasonable price) which is too wide at the centre for my frame. I think that the glass is standard and my frame is slightly too narrow.

Never mind, I have been driving my car for five years with a small crack in the N/S lower corner of the screen. Guess that I can drive for a few more years before I get round to fixing it.

Thanks, Peter

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000