Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 J2 project for sale
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

McEvoy

United Kingdom
252 Posts

Posted - 25/03/2011 :  23:34:39  Show Profile

Recently seen web advert for a swept wing 1934 J2 with some parts missing that may interest some Register members Contact Steve Baker Tel: 01865 600251 Grantham area. Price £13,500.

Compares with a recent West Country auction that saw a J2 realise over twice as much at £27,610.

Good luck

Bob

Robin Hamblett

United Kingdom
534 Posts

Posted - 30/03/2011 :  11:39:43  Show Profile
Speaking to Steve Baker last night, I believe this car now has a new owner. Another new car to the register!

Regards

Robin
Go to Top of Page

Onno

Netherlands
1044 Posts

Posted - 30/03/2011 :  18:52:21  Show Profile
Is it going to our lowlands?

Onno "D" Könemann
Go to Top of Page

Robin Hamblett

United Kingdom
534 Posts

Posted - 31/03/2011 :  08:58:58  Show Profile
No Onno, staying in England as far as I know. New owner will restore it back to original swept wing configuration.

Go to Top of Page

Gideon

USA
47 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2011 :  22:45:08  Show Profile
Saw this car in the States just prior to Christmas. It certainly had a lot of character, and a lot of potential... but it was a major project. Unfortunately the engine wasn't a J engine, I took a very close look at it and am pretty sure it was an M block. Still, it will be a fun project.

Gideon
Go to Top of Page

Gideon

USA
47 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2011 :  01:03:15  Show Profile
By the way, Robin, you talk of the register.......I started work some time ago on a J type register but have been a bit busy of late...... do you know of a (specifically) J type register in existence?

Gideon
Go to Top of Page

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3238 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2011 :  11:32:19  Show Profile
Hi Gideon

The Register Robin will have referred to is our own Triple-M Register where we keep a record of all the known surviving cars and their owners. A printed version is produced each year and will be for sale at the MG Car Club MG Live Silverstone meeting.

The late Mike Hawke was the acknowledged J2 expert, he created a very comprehensive data base and used this to publish 2 books, "75 Years of the J2 MG" and a companion book "How They ran - J1s and J2s in Competition".

Our Librarian Peter Hemmings has a few copies of the first book in stock but I understand the second book is sold out.

Regards

George Eagle,
Hon Sec.

Edited by - George Eagle on 07/04/2011 11:33:28
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000