Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Register Survey - Discussion
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

greg

United Kingdom
833 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2011 :  19:33:25  Show Profile
John Ive probably over exagereted it at 50% but I would put money on it being 30%. I think the d type news letter is a good thing to do like somone else said. There isn't a lot in the mg car club magazine about our cars. My dads been on about not having it anymore. We would like to put our money into a mmm magazine every month and I would be willing to pay money for this website every month. If a magazine came out a lot of money could be made from dealers advertising cars for sale and spares etc.
Go to Top of Page

Oz34

United Kingdom
2538 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2011 :  21:31:33  Show Profile
I wonder Greg if money is the problem? Surely the problem is finding someone who is prepared to take on the task of editing which Philip has so valiantly performed over all these years?

Dave
Go to Top of Page

greg

United Kingdom
833 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2011 :  22:05:09  Show Profile
It's only early days yet I'm sure somone will take it over.
Go to Top of Page

Dolts

United Kingdom
1129 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2011 :  22:25:19  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Dolts

quote:
Originally posted by Oz34

I wonder Greg if money is the problem? Surely the problem is finding someone who is prepared to take on the task of editing which Philip has so valiantly performed over all these years?

Dave

In my opinion this is exactly the issue, finding a replacement.

Cat I m all for editing a reduced version or newsletter. As stated I can't commit to the bulletin in current guise, i have considered long and hard again after reading these posts, but my own work, young family and MG are keeping me busy.

I enjoy writing and editing so if we can find a compromise I m happy to oblige and assist where I can. May be more of a face to face discussion could happen during anniversary week and MG Live.

Thanks keen to assist whatever the majority decide.

Mark

Mark Dolton

Mark Dolton
Go to Top of Page

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3239 Posts

Posted - 18/06/2011 :  15:22:30  Show Profile
I would like to thank all those members who have taken the time to complete the survey, and also thanks to Nick for taking the time to put the questionnare on the web site. Finally thanks to those of you who have posted their comments on this discussion page.

A copy of the questionnare will also be distributed with the June issue of the Bulletin which is in the course of being sent out. Hopefully there will be a good response from those members who may not have access to the web, and also to those who have yet to post their reply via the web.

The good news is that we now have a volunteer to take over from Phil, he is Bob Walker who was co-organiser, with Terry Hartley, of the very successful Flat Cap and Whippet series of runs.

The Committee will be taking into account the results of the survey when discussing with Bob his views on the future of the Bulletin.

George Eagle
Hon. Sec.

Edited by - George Eagle on 18/06/2011 15:24:59
Go to Top of Page

Terry Hartley

United Kingdom
279 Posts

Posted - 18/06/2011 :  17:55:59  Show Profile
Hi George

Having just read your announcement that Bob has volunteered to become the next Bulletin editor I called him to offer my congratulations. An interesting conversation followed. Bob has no recolection at all of saying he will do this and is totally perplexed by this posting. True, he has given it some thought, like all of us, but as yet his thoughts are incomplete.
I am only replying to your posting because at the moment Bob us up to his proverbials trying to sort out a fellow member's car that may/may not make it to the Anniversary do.

Terry
Go to Top of Page

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3239 Posts

Posted - 18/06/2011 :  21:11:37  Show Profile
Hi Terry and all

My apologies for the confusion, I am mixing up the Bobs!

It is Bob Richards who has volunteered to take over as Editor for a trial period now he is retired.

George Eagle
Hon Sec
Go to Top of Page

Nick Feakes

USA
3372 Posts

Posted - 22/06/2011 :  17:53:08  Show Profile
I have deleted the survey link as we now have an Editor for the Bulletin
Nick

Webmaster
Go to Top of Page

Bob Clare

United Kingdom
278 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2011 :  15:57:11  Show Profile
Well that really is great news!! I had just completed a draft of my reply to the questionnaire and waxed lyrical about Phil and the Bulletin being so much more that the old Infoletter and by no means replaceable by the Safety Fast offerings, hoping against hope that a new editor could be found and behold, Bob Walker emerges.

Good luck Bob and thanks for volunteering. I look forward to the August edition.

I must (like all other readers I hope) make firm resolution to write some copy for you.

Bob Clare
Go to Top of Page

Bob Clare

United Kingdom
278 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2011 :  00:14:26  Show Profile
Whoops - I meant Bob Richards of course. Too many Bobs - that's why I quit! Just joking.

Bob Clare
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000