Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Register Numbers
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Foz

United Kingdom
769 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2011 :  23:19:14  Show Profile
The Rat was given TRIPLE-M No.1931 in 1978 ish......to coincide with its year of manufacture.......some time later I got the job of Registrar.......boxes of paperwork etc etc. The Register paid to have a new set of cards printed and things were tidied up a bit and a bound printed register was produced...precomputer stuff and was all typed by Brenda Joynes.....which then ended up with John Joynes getting the job of Registrar....I think I went off to do the Yearbook or Bulletin......memory a bit off on that... probably ,cos I was running the Rat on neat Methanol then......couple of minutes running in the garage and who needs alcoholic drinks.....
Foz
Go to Top of Page

Bob Stringfield

United Kingdom
854 Posts

Posted - 13/10/2011 :  00:08:52  Show Profile
A previous owner of PA 603, Bob Wimmer, is of the opinion that he applied for and got Register No. 791 in August 1970.
Go to Top of Page

mgtommm

USA
505 Posts

Posted - 18/10/2011 :  22:24:55  Show Profile
Hi Group,

Thanks to all who have responded, especially Bob Clare & Mike Allison for providing interesting history for all to enjoy.

I am now a bit more eduficated.

tommm
Go to Top of Page

Bob Clare

United Kingdom
278 Posts

Posted - 19/10/2011 :  00:17:28  Show Profile
In response to Brian's note, the database that I handed over to Robin Hamblett contained notes of dates and reasons for all the Register Numbers voided (and for that matter re-instated)during my time as Registrar. I'm sure Robin can answer any specific questions about that.

Bob Clare
Go to Top of Page

Robin Hamblett

United Kingdom
534 Posts

Posted - 19/10/2011 :  09:48:30  Show Profile
Hi Brian and all.

I'll take look through the database and come up with some numbers. Once a register number is issued it stays with the chassis, regardless of it's destiny. Numbers associated with any voided cars were or are not re issued, there is no sliding up or down the list. These cars do turn up again and some have done so recently. New or previously unknown cars are turning up with regularity so the moving feast continues.

I'll post some more info at the weekend.

Regards

Robin
Go to Top of Page

tonym

United Kingdom
653 Posts

Posted - 19/10/2011 :  16:30:33  Show Profile
Robin
An M-type that has been removed from the register listings is still somewhat alive. PO1357 2M0734 MMM382
There was a pic of it in Januarys Safety Fast and another pic on the Vintage Minor website, taking part in this years Madresfield driving tests.
Tony
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000