Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 4 Seater P type Hood Frame Mounting
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

pauly45

United Kingdom
435 Posts

Posted - 14/10/2011 :  19:30:52  Show Profile
Hi,

Can anyone give me dimensions or details of the mounting for the hood frame to the body on a 4 seater P type please ?

I believe there is a small circular block that must affix the body, and then allows the frame itself to bolt to it. But I don't know anything about it in terms of design, how it fixes to the body (screw in, or bolt through) and length.

Many thanks
Paul.

John Reid

United Kingdom
704 Posts

Posted - 15/10/2011 :  09:14:13  Show Profile
Hello Paul,

You might try contacting Bryan Ditchman, who has done a lot of research on P-type 4 seater bodies and fittings while restoring his PB 4 seater. He has visited several owners of original cars and taken many photographs.
He is not on email, but his telephone number is 01189 326346.

John R
Go to Top of Page

willis

United Kingdom
100 Posts

Posted - 17/10/2011 :  09:04:25  Show Profile
Hello Paul, I have taken a couple of photos of fitting, if I could have your e-mail address I can then send them on. have tried via forum but cannot attach photos.
Ian
Go to Top of Page

John Reid

United Kingdom
704 Posts

Posted - 17/10/2011 :  12:02:47  Show Profile
Ian,

To attach photos, first you need to click "Reply to topic". Underneath the white message box area for typing is a paperclip saying "Click here to attach a photo to your post". A dialogue box opens - you have to "Browse" to select a photo. Then click "Attach Image". The link to your image will appear in your post. You can click on "Preview" to see how your post will look or simply "Post" it.
The rest is straightforward, the software automatically sizing the jpeg for the web, though 5Mb is the largest starting size.

Note: Attaching photos does not work if you use the Quick Reply box which is at the bottom of the topic.

Hope this helps
John R
Go to Top of Page

Nick Feakes

USA
3374 Posts

Posted - 17/10/2011 :  12:54:12  Show Profile
Ian
If you still cannot attach pictures having followed John's instructions, email me and I will walk you through it.
Nick

Webmaster
Go to Top of Page

Gerhard Maier

Germany
873 Posts

Posted - 17/10/2011 :  13:38:34  Show Profile
Ian,

- - - and you must be "logged on" !

Go to Top of Page

willis

United Kingdom
100 Posts

Posted - 17/10/2011 :  14:20:34  Show Profile
Hi Paul,
I do apologies for quality of photo, the hood frame is bolted to the boss which is screwed to body with three wood screws. If required I can furnish you with the dimensions.
Ian

Go to Top of Page

willis

United Kingdom
100 Posts

Posted - 17/10/2011 :  14:26:29  Show Profile
Many thanks to everyone for lessons on loading photos on the forum, I now require lessons on taking a decent photo.
Ian
Go to Top of Page

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3240 Posts

Posted - 17/10/2011 :  18:17:45  Show Profile
Hi Paul

The hood fitting is exactly the same as fitted to my 2 seat NB, like the one in Ian's photo - the diameter of the base is 1 1/2 inches and the bolt hole is 3/8 bsf. The fitting has 3 holes drilled for the wood screws.

It would be very easy to make one using a lathe.

Regards

George
NA0960
Go to Top of Page

willis

United Kingdom
100 Posts

Posted - 17/10/2011 :  18:28:35  Show Profile
Have now measured the the boss and attached drawing of same. correction bolt hole is 3/8 bsf as George has stated.

Ian

Go to Top of Page

Terry Andrews

United Kingdom
546 Posts

Posted - 18/10/2011 :  10:28:31  Show Profile
I was in discussion with TA Terry in this subject about a year ago. I cannot remember if it was on the forum or not. What I can tell you is that there are 2 different sizes. The diameter is the same but the thickness of the boss is ¼ different and so is the protrusion. As I lost all my old emails I cannot remember the final outcome. But I think the N 2 seater one was different to the N 4 seater one and the P type. However, I think the hood frame could be sprung or bent to accommodate both sizes. Just be aware there ARE two sizes…. Terry
Go to Top of Page

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3240 Posts

Posted - 18/10/2011 :  17:55:29  Show Profile
Reference Terry's observation, I used to own a PB 4 seater and I am as sure as I can be that the hood frame mounting for that car is the same as my NB. Perhaps the PA/NA fittings did differ from the PB/NB!

George.
Go to Top of Page

pauly45

United Kingdom
435 Posts

Posted - 18/10/2011 :  20:58:02  Show Profile
Many thanks Ian, and everyone for the photo's and dimensions.

Just one question about the dimensioned drawing - what is the overall thickness dimension ?

Time to hunt out some metal....

Cheers!
Paul.
Go to Top of Page

willis

United Kingdom
100 Posts

Posted - 19/10/2011 :  07:40:37  Show Profile
Paul,
I think I was so pleased at being able to download photos I forgot about the depth of the boss which is 145mm.
Ian
Go to Top of Page

pauly45

United Kingdom
435 Posts

Posted - 19/10/2011 :  16:58:02  Show Profile
145mm ?!

Do you mean 14.5mm ?

Cheers
Paul.
Go to Top of Page

willis