Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 PB Chassis numbers
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

PeterL

United Kingdom
1723 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2011 :  10:12:43  Show Profile
My pa's K, 0255 and my F, 1344 were both July 1932 cars. They both had the ENV crosstube box and the K had a J-like headlamp arrangement.

My J, July 1933, had P type firewall supports with holes for the lubrication pipes though these were not used.

My J (early swept wing model) had its headlamps close together which had been done for the cycle winged cars I think they were later moved out again...

It seems to me that fashions and designs developed and were incorporated when ready. Looking at the front of K1s there seems to be a variety of headlamp arrangements, presumably a progression in design as fashion changed...

Cheers

P
Go to Top of Page

Jamie

Canada
218 Posts

Posted - 30/03/2012 :  19:14:31  Show Profile
My PB 0480 has only the chassis number 0480 on the bonnet hinge. I also have an extra bonnet with 0400.
Jamie Neilson
Go to Top of Page

gb

United Kingdom
205 Posts

Posted - 31/03/2012 :  21:52:11  Show Profile

I know it's a bit "after the event", and not quite following the PA/PB thread , but, to answer Lew's earlier comment about the syle of the numbers, my bonnet (not the correct one for the car) shows a slanted style font.
Was there any standardisation of the font, or, was it whatever was in the tool box at the time

PA 1836
Go to Top of Page

PeterL

United Kingdom
1723 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2012 :  23:22:55  Show Profile
Passing thought.

It seems cars with "other" coachwork, such as Abbey and Stiles, had no numbers etc stamped on their bonnets, these didn't go through the same painting process of course.

And it seems there is one Stiles bodied P Type around...

Cheers

P

Edited by - PeterL on 03/04/2012 23:24:01
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000