Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Starting handle J type
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Robin Macmillan

United Kingdom
415 Posts

Posted - 15/11/2011 :  14:47:59  Show Profile
At the risk of asking this years most banal question and suffering ridicule from all :

Where does the starting handle emerge from the front of the car for the M,D, F and J types.

Peter Green

United Kingdom
1682 Posts

Posted - 15/11/2011 :  15:03:16  Show Profile
Robin

The apron has to be removed to use the starting handle.

Peter.
Go to Top of Page

Robin Macmillan

United Kingdom
415 Posts

Posted - 15/11/2011 :  15:53:01  Show Profile
Thank you Peter,

I had thoght that this must be the case and it explains the fixings for the apron. The reason for enquiring is because I am looking into a bracket that mounts to the front cross tube of my P type to offer greater support to the starting handle. Mention of this type of device has been made recently following the "Barn find PA" pictures. I wondered if there would be any demand from other owners but now it is clear that it would only be suitable for P and others with the front tunnel.

Robin
Go to Top of Page

bahnisch

Australia
674 Posts

Posted - 18/11/2011 :  03:42:38  Show Profile
I think that the starting handles of the early cars was deliberately made of thicker round bar to compensate for the lack of a guide? This, of course, was intended to overcome bending but adds weight (even though early cars were extremely light by later standards).
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000