Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Tonneau cover question...
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

farley1

Canada
152 Posts

Posted - 24/11/2011 :  15:03:02  Show Profile
Hello everyone. I was wondering what the short length of tether attached to the cover is used for? There is a small lift-the-dot stud attached atop the prop shaft tunnel near the seat back. Would the tether run down the seat or behind it? Is there some sort of bar attached to the seatback that supports it?

I was looking at this the other day so I thought I would ask!
Many thanks from Canada, Ian

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3677 Posts

Posted - 24/11/2011 :  16:33:55  Show Profile
Ian I think this topic - or a variant of it - may have been aired here before? Some cars were fitted with a half tonneau, the front edge of which was tacked to the back of the bench seat, this fixing point being covered with a strip of wood with a gently rounded profile.

Yours seems to be a bird of a different feather - it has the usual lift a dot fixings for the rear and sides of the cover, but the holding down strip may perhaps be a modification to prevent the cover from billowing up?

Best wishes
Dick

Edited by - DickMorbey on 24/11/2011 16:34:48
Go to Top of Page

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3240 Posts

Posted - 24/11/2011 :  19:50:00  Show Profile
Hi Ian

I reckon the lift-a-dot stud on the transmission tunnel is the clue. I have seen a few cars fitted with a half tonneau which has a tongue to secure it to the transmission tunnel e.g. some slab tank K3s.

My own car L2023 has a half tonneau as can be seen by the photo of the car on the picture pages of this web site.

Best wishes

George
Go to Top of Page

bahnisch

Australia
674 Posts

Posted - 25/11/2011 :  08:50:27  Show Profile
Even TC's only had a half tonneau from new. They had elastic straps over the tonneau-rail (eg black painted steel tubing across the rear of the backrest) down to lift-a-dot studs on the seat backrest.
Go to Top of Page

John James

United Kingdom
963 Posts

Posted - 26/11/2011 :  16:18:26  Show Profile
Yes, and I still have the original half tonneau on TC0750 which had one owner from 1946 (The Reverend John Green) until I bought it from him in 2001.

JOHN JAMES
www.ttypes.org
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000