Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 MG 'TA/Q Special'.
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Rodney Collins

United Kingdom
424 Posts

Posted - 21/12/2011 :  10:42:44  Show Profile
I think some people should get a life, You put a Rover V8 into a MGB what is it a rover/mg special? A P type with a ford engine what is it a ford/mg special? Or a Q type with a 10 ltr areo engine! It really dose not matter as long as it gives someone pleasure and is used. Providing that when its sold the car is sold for what it is. I hate to go to classsic car shows and see the show cars that never see the light of day being polished and repolished in place that even originals stright out of the factory never saw polish! I would reather see a T/Q whatever with a concord engine being driven down the road by a guy with a grin on his face!
Rodney
Go to Top of Page

Oz34

United Kingdom
2538 Posts

Posted - 21/12/2011 :  18:04:37  Show Profile
Very True Rodney, but that doesn't mean we have to destroy good, and rare original cars to get there. I'm with Peter L on this. It's not long ago that the ex Peter Mace K1, in nice useable condition, was destroyed to make another "K3". It was only luck that allowed the body to find a new home on a K chassis and the result, for those interested in money, will inevitably be less valuable than the original car with its original body was.

Dave
Go to Top of Page

Bob Stringfield

United Kingdom
854 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2012 :  19:06:47  Show Profile
See prewarcar.com today for another one.
Go to Top of Page

Cathelijne

Netherlands
744 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2012 :  19:57:50  Show Profile
And another one:

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C129765

... "probably one of the best Qtype" ...
Go to Top of Page

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3238 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2012 :  20:11:46  Show Profile
And another one on Barry Walker's cars for sale page.

Where are the TAs coming from!!

George
Go to Top of Page

talbot

United Kingdom
718 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2012 :  20:35:51  Show Profile
The only linkage to a "Q" should be the end of the number plate i.e kit cars.

Jan T
Go to Top of Page

greg

United Kingdom
833 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2012 :  21:56:08  Show Profile
There is a mg/austin special on prewarCar £50,000 Austin chassis an p type engine!!
Go to Top of Page

Onno

Netherlands
1044 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2012 :  09:53:41  Show Profile
Though it is a lot of money I do not think it belongs in the list of TQ's mentioned here.

It is honest about what it is and looks built with periode parts.
I kind of like it!

Onno "D" Könemann
Go to Top of Page

greg

United Kingdom
833 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2012 :  10:54:46  Show Profile
It's looks good but you can buy Austin specials like this for £20 000 I think £30,000 is a lot for a p type engine.
Go to Top of Page

Bob Grunau

Canada
290 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2012 :  14:35:31  Show Profile
Surely the 1937 ex Andy King car in France is not a "Q " type, no mention of T type. False advertising for sure?
Bob,Canada
Go to Top of Page

spyder

United Kingdom
14 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2012 :  15:55:17  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Bob Grunau

Surely the 1937 ex Andy King car in France is not a "Q " type, no mention of T type. False advertising for sure?
Bob,Canada

I sued this dealer, Jean-Christophe Bodelot, in 2009 for a breach of Distance Selling Regulations. I rejected the car he supplied because it did not match the advertised description and he refused to refund me. He has owed me c.£40,000 since then and has a county court judgement in my favour against him. I am currently trying to enforce this in France. (At the time, he was trading as JCB Collection).
Go to Top of Page

Allan Bentley

United Kingdom
257 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2012 :  18:35:26  Show Profile
Better on the road and in a scrap yard. I have driven a TA rebuilt in France from a frame which had been in the 'Boneyard' at Steyning since 1968. The quality of restoration is outsatnding and must in cost represent a good contribution to our export balance. Congratulations to the parts suppliers Barry W, Andy King, Mike Dowley, and others who make this possible.
Far better to have a Special like this in the MGCC than some of the Hybrids that seem to get registered in other clubs. Thes may incorporate fine engineering of parts never intended for each other, but often have bodywork which looks like it was built by a Blue Peter team with a pop rivet gun on a Sunday afternoon after a few puffs.
Allan
Go to Top of Page

Richard Hardy

United Kingdom
2159 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2012 :  20:06:31  Show Profile
Dave

Sadly that K1 was always possibly destined for making into a K3 rep as, in its state prior to being ripped apart, it looked more like a kit car in some respects due to the previous owners unusual quirks imposed on the car like incorrect instrumentation, small steering wheel, small wheels, ugly indicators, very poorly cobbled up volumex installation etc. It was not a nice car to look at, at the point of sale.

It is a shame to loose a K1 but at least its new guise will look aesthetically correct for a K type even if it will not ever be a K1 again!

Rich

Vintage MG Parts
Go to Top of Page

Phil Standish

United Kingdom
102 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2012 :  20:49:28  Show Profile
Rich

I think that the car you are describing is K2001 - the car that I have the top half of!

I believe that the ex Peter Mace K1 was a very nice car to start with.

Kind Regards

Phil
Go to Top of Page

Richard Hardy

United Kingdom
2159 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2012 :  21:24:27  Show Profile
Oooups, you are correct Phil and I stand to be corrected!!!!!

Cheers

Rich

Vintage MG Parts
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000