Triple-M Register Forums
Triple-M Register Forums
Home | Events | Cars for Sale | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 MG Show at Stoneleigh
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

pauly45

United Kingdom
435 Posts

Posted - 17/01/2012 :  08:04:23  Show Profile
Hi,

The MG Show at Stoneleigh on Feb 19th 2012 - Having never been to this show, I wondered if it was one worth going to ?

I can find very little on the internet about what is actually there, or if tickets can be purchased in advance.

Does it typically have many "spares to buy" stands, or is it mainly a "look at cars" type of show ?

Ta!
Paul.

george

United Kingdom
863 Posts

Posted - 17/01/2012 :  08:25:25  Show Profile
Hi Pauli, It is agood place to buy bits as all the stands are mg stuff both s/h and new geoff
Go to Top of Page

Peter Scott

United Kingdom
1240 Posts

Posted - 17/01/2012 :  09:24:21  Show Profile
Paul

Yes, as Geoff says, it is well worth a visit. And members of this forum usually meet up for a chat at noon near Andy King's stand in the passageway between Halls 1 and 2.

For tickets see: http://www2.seetickets.com/mgshow/price.asp?code=593448&filler1=id1mgshow&filler2=multiid1mgshow&filler3=

Peter
Go to Top of Page

Robin Macmillan

United Kingdom
415 Posts

Posted - 17/01/2012 :  09:25:56  Show Profile
I cannot go this year but there is lots to see and buy and I would commend it. One small piece of advice.... many of the stalls even quite large ones seem much happier if paid in cash as card readers seem not to be wired in ... so take lots, it goes quickly !
Go to Top of Page

Ray Masters

United Kingdom
572 Posts

Posted - 17/01/2012 :  09:59:09  Show Profile
I will be having a stand again this year in the 'Garage Clearance' section with mainly Triple-M stuff but also other MG bits. More details nearer the time. Ray.
Go to Top of Page

Peter Scott

United Kingdom
1240 Posts

Posted - 17/01/2012 :  10:37:57  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Ray Masters

I will be having a stand again this year in the 'Garage Clearance' section with mainly Triple-M stuff but also other MG bits. More details nearer the time. Ray.

So the meeting point will be Ray's stand rather than Andy King's.

Peter
Go to Top of Page

pauly45

United Kingdom
435 Posts

Posted - 18/01/2012 :  12:34:55  Show Profile
I can see minor scuffles occurring for parts.....!!
Go to Top of Page

Bob Stringfield

United Kingdom
854 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2012 :  23:33:58  Show Profile
So what, exactly, will be there for the MMM enthusiast?

Not too interested in the MGB / MGF retailers.
Go to Top of Page

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3254 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2012 :  14:34:43  Show Profile
Hi Bob

The usual suspects will probably have a presence, last year these included Barry Walker, Sports and Vintage, Andy King, Octagon Club and MGCC. Then there is the autojumble led by Ray!

The best part for me is meeting many of our members from the UK and abroad - including Tom Metcalf & co from the USA.

George.

Edited by - George Eagle on 11/02/2012 14:35:25
Go to Top of Page

John James

United Kingdom
968 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2012 :  19:31:36  Show Profile
I share a stand with Brian Rainbow and we are situated directly opposite Barry Walker's stand. I sell on a non-profit making basis (any small mark up goes to running my independent T-Type website www.ttypes.org and my indepenedent T-Type magazine, Totally T-Type 2 http://ttypes.org/ttt2 which I claim to be the largest circulation magazine in the world totally devoted to T-Types).

The limited number of parts I sell are correct, good quality, MADE IN ENGLAND with material specifications quoted. The parts are for T-Types but some (front spring pins and tab washers) are equally applicable to Triple-M cars. I will also be carrying some bi-directional transils (see the article in the latest edition of the Triple-M Bulletin) and some second hand (some new) Triple-M spares on behalf of David Stansbie. I'll advertise these in the Spares for Sale section.
Go to Top of Page

mgtommm

USA
507 Posts

Posted - 13/02/2012 :  17:10:18  Show Profile
George,

Yep, you're right, I'll be there, and looking forward to seeing you all!!

Please warm your weather up a bit. Been below freezing here on the Lake Erie shoreline and I'm ready for summer....

MGTOMMM in Ohio
Go to Top of Page

LewPalmer

USA
3269 Posts

Posted - 13/02/2012 :  23:31:29  Show Profile
Move west, Tom. Minnesota has only had 3 days of below zero all winter. Going to get to 40 again later this week. <grin>

Lew Palmer
Registrar, NAMMMR
Go to Top of Page

Foz

United Kingdom
774 Posts

Posted - 14/02/2012 :  22:25:13  Show Profile
oh no! the Americans are coming even if they dont have AAA credit!
Foz
Go to Top of Page

Bob Stringfield

United Kingdom
854 Posts

Posted - 15/02/2012 :  17:01:34  Show Profile
How does one identify oneself as a MMM member at the meeting?

Or is anonymity the thing?
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3683 Posts

Posted - 15/02/2012 :  17:27:52  Show Profile
Bob

You could always wear your 50th anniversary lapel badge or the Register emblazoned polo shirt!

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Henley-on-Thames, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

mgtommm

USA
507 Posts

Posted - 16/02/2012 :  01:54:02  Show Profile
Easy Fozzz, you'se guys aren't too far behind!!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register Forums © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000