Triple-M Register Forums
Triple-M Register Forums
Home | Events | Cars for Sale | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 News about the website
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

Colin McLachlan

United Kingdom
996 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2012 :  10:57:00  Show Profile
Brilliant, Nick - many thanks.

Colin

PA 0613
MG3242
Register No. 2591
Go to Top of Page

Oz34

United Kingdom
2592 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2012 :  23:50:39  Show Profile
Having just checked the Locate Members page for UK, model designations are beginning to appear more and more however, running down the page points up the real value of including county; without it you need to go right through the list to find towns close to you.

Dave
Go to Top of Page

gordclark

Canada
170 Posts

Posted - 22/02/2012 :  04:01:28  Show Profile
I have been a continuous MG owner since 1951. I've owned mostly T-Series, and now PA 0921. I am entirely dependant on sources like this web-site, and I pray that the format remain basically unchanged. Only today, I drove some 500 Kms (round trip) to see Ron Jackson's PB 0362 which is literally 'rising from the ashes'. These means are the only way I can possibly hope to complete my restoration ... reading and looking and learning.

I had the good fortune to stop overnight with Nick Feakes and his wife at their charming home on the St. Mary's River in Florida, about a year ago. I was appaled that he was working from an antiquated lap-top of what appeared to be inadequate specification, and immediatley begged for some modern hardware for Nick. Nick maintains the "front end" of our web-site and IMHO, does a fabulous job. The up-dated means to post an image, is a major improvement - Thanks Nick.

For those of you who who are asking for embellishments, keep in mind the intent of the web-site. Without a doubt this web-site and the TD/TF site are the only things that keep me sane during our dark Canadian winters. I can't see any advantage to making it more graphical. That only slows down-loading and I have to go outside and beat the chickens off the line with a bat, when a big file starts to come in!

Gord Clark #392
Rockburn, Qué.
Go to Top of Page

Nick Feakes

USA
3457 Posts

Posted - 22/02/2012 :  12:46:43  Show Profile
Hi Gord
I fact my sons pooled their resources and bought me a new laptop for Christmas - VERY high end a big improvement, but thank you for the kind words. I agree with you that there is a definite downside to a very graphical website, it certainly will slow down page loading for anyone without a fast connection so I am in favour of adding features while keeping the familiar, familiar (so to speak!).
Nick

Webmaster
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register Forums © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000