Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Invitation to Pre-War Prescott, Saturday 21st July
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Ian Grace

USA
662 Posts

Posted - 16/03/2012 :  17:36:19  Show Profile
Guys,

It's that time again. Last year's inaugural event was a tremendous success with untimed climbs for everyone and a very good MMM contingent in attendance. This year's event is going to be much bigger and better, and Mike Dowley will be bringing his spares lorry this time. SU will again be our main sponsor and this year Motor Wheel Services are bringing their tyre operation, so if you are in need of tyres, let them know so they can be sure to bring the tyres you need. There will also be a no-reserve auction of spares and automobilia organized by Hereford Vintage Auctions with 100% of the takings going to the RAF Charitable Trust, so if you have any surplus goodies, do please consider bringing them along on the day.

To enter, please visit www.prewarprescott.com

See you there,

Ian

Edited by - Ian Grace on 16/03/2012 17:37:19

AFM781

United Kingdom
196 Posts

Posted - 18/03/2012 :  17:12:21  Show Profile
Last year this was a super event, fun to try the M type up the hill for only a fiver! Definitely on the calendar for this year.
Go to Top of Page

Ian Grace

USA
662 Posts

Posted - 20/03/2012 :  17:57:57  Show Profile
Today, I received a letter from the RAF Events Team at RAF Northolt, bringing the splendid news that we have been allocated a Battle of Britain Memorial Flight Spitfire display for our Summer Rally. Last year, we were extremely lucky to have the BBMF Lancaster, the arrival of which was undoubtedly the highlight of the day. The appearance of a Spit over Pre-War Prescott this year will no doubt be an equally heart-stirring moment not to be missed.

Edited by - Ian Grace on 20/03/2012 18:16:04
Go to Top of Page

Ian Grace

USA
662 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2012 :  00:51:46  Show Profile
Bit of a Pre-War Prescott update, with just 11 weeks to go. 14 MMM booked in so far - 5 M, 3 D, 2 J, one P, one K, 2 N. This should rise to around 30 or more on the day.

Mike Dowley and Barry Walker are both booked in with their trade stands. Please contact them in advance if you want any big stuff delivered to Prescott. Motor Wheel Services are also bringing their tyre operation, so also contact them in advance if you have particular tyre needs, although they should have a good range of Blockleys and other makes with them anyway. And SU will be there to attend you your carb. or fuel pump needs.

Our good friends at Hereford Vintage Auctions have kindly offered to run a no-reserve auction for our charity (the RAF Charitable Trust) in the lunch break, so please bring any surplus spares/automobilia that you might like to donate for this worthy cause.

By popular demand will be doing the GoPro onboard video camera thing again this year, so you can go home with a DVD of your climbs (and from which you will be able to time them, study your line, impress your friends, relatives, etc.).

And don't forget the pub gatherings at the Royal Oak, Gretton Friday and Sunday evenings and the Cotswold nav rally/scenic tour on Sunday if you want to make a weekend of it.

Online booking is open now at www.prewarprescott.com

Jayne and I have booked our flights from Seattle and I can't wait for the first pint of English ale on Friday night!

Looking forwards to seeing you all there,

Ian
Go to Top of Page

John James

United Kingdom
965 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2012 :  10:44:51  Show Profile
I have given the event a 'plug' in my independent (of any car clubs) magazine "Totally T-Type 2". Last year there were seven TAs there. The 'plug' is in the June issue of TTT 2 which should be on my website http://ttypes.org early next week.

JOHN JAMES http://ttypes.org/ttt2
Go to Top of Page

Ian Grace

USA
662 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2012 :  18:06:31  Show Profile
Thank you John - much appreciated!

5 TA's booked in so far this time.

Ian
Go to Top of Page

spitfire

United Kingdom
371 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2012 :  22:07:56  Show Profile
Good luck.
Looks good.
(A spit)

Edited by - spitfire on 04/05/2012 22:08:22
Go to Top of Page

Ian Grace

USA
662 Posts

Posted - 14/05/2012 :  22:32:20  Show Profile
Big news just in from the operators of Cotswold Airport (the old RAF Kemble) this morning. Pre-War Prescott forms just a part of the Vintage Minor Register's Summer Rally weekend in the Cotswolds and we have a Navigation Rally and parallel Scenic Tour on Sunday to which everyone is also invited.

This year, the route will be taking us to the south - down towards the old RAF Kemble. We will gather there during the day, along with a collection of vintage aircraft that will be offering pleasure flights to the pre-war car crews with all proceeds going to our designated charity - the RAF Charitable Trust. If the formula for the day is a success (and you can help make it so!), this charity fly-in and pre-war car gathering may well become a firmly established feature of the Pre-War Prescott weekend!
Go to Top of Page

Ian Grace

USA
662 Posts

Posted - 20/06/2012 :  19:17:38  Show Profile
Guys, a quick reminder that Pre-War Prescott is just over a month away! If you are planning to come, and have not yet entered, now would be a good time to do so, because even though you can simply turn up at the gate on the day, all advanced entries receive a free climb of the hill, worth five pounds, which you don't get at the gate. In order to get tickets to everyone by post (from Seattle!!) in good time, it would be really helpful if online entries are made within the next few days so I can get all the tickets sorted and away by the end of this month. You can enter at www.prewarprescott.com or you can download the entry form from this website and send it with your payment to Frank Ashley (his address is on the form).

So far, we have 15 MMM booked in - from M to K and most letters in between! Plus Mike Dowley with his truck load of goodies - contact him if you want him to bring anything in particular. SU will be there again, Motor Wheel Services will have tyres available if you are in need and there are plenty of other trade stands booked for the day.

This might also be a good time to mention that I just bought a D project in Minnesota (D0263), so I'd better renew my MMM membership!

Edited by - Ian Grace on 20/06/2012 19:29:42
Go to Top of Page

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3244 Posts

Posted - 21/06/2012 :  11:53:38  Show Profile

Come on folks - I hope we can rely on more Triple-M owners to sign up to the day, Ted Hack and the D Group will be in attendance with a small marquee so we should have a nice dedicated car park? For those who have not been Prescott is a lovely venue with the added bonus of the Bugatti Owners Club museum.

My entry is on it's way to Frank Ashley.

Ian, well done on the purchase of the D type and welcome back to the Triple-M world.

George
L2023 and NA0960
Nr Buckingham, UJK
Go to Top of Page

Onno

Netherlands
1059 Posts

Posted - 21/06/2012 :  13:44:39  Show Profile
Ian good job giving D0263 a home!
I hope you have less work to do on her than I have on D0495.
I presume you have told Ted Hack about you purchase.....

Onno "D" Könemann
Go to Top of Page

Ian Grace

USA
662 Posts

Posted - 21/06/2012 :  18:12:29  Show Profile
Thanks guys, delighted with my purchase - planning to collect it August/September. I also had a very nice e-mail from Lew Palmer, so I'd better re-join the NAMMMR too! Yes, I have been working very closely with Ted to secure this car. No, it won't emerge as a C Type rep!

Very much looking forward to Pre-War Prescott this year, and I'll be giving the D's a particularly close inspection this time around! I MAY not have the museum open this year - it costs GBP 300 to have it open for the day (went up 50% last year!), but there will certainly be plenty else to assail the senses, including a Battle of Britain Memorial Flight Spitfire - weather permitting.
Go to Top of Page

Ian Grace

USA
662 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2012 :  19:41:18  Show Profile
We have a great MMM entry for Prescott, but so far - for some reason - no J2's (although I think Christian Hoeptner is bringing his blown J2 from Germany). The reason for wanting at least one there is that Ted Hack has acquired a windscreen for my D (currently fitted with a Morris 8 tourer screen) but the side pillars are missing. He reports: "I hope the J2 side bits are the same as these are available new – I’ll try and find out – I do have one spare one which I can compare – is there a J2 coming to Prescott? The difficulty may be in getting the supports for the whole thing – those that bolt on to the sides of the scuttle."

So if any J2 owenrs would care to enter, it would be much appreciated, so we can check the screen sides/pillars against a J2! Online advance entries (which get you one free climb) are open until the 17th July, or you can just turn up on the day.

Edited by - Ian Grace on 05/07/2012 19:41:51
Go to Top of Page

BobRichards RIP

United Kingdom
238 Posts

Posted - 20/07/2012 :  09:08:31  Show Profile
Would any of you hill-stormers like to do a report of his Prescott climb(s)for the October Bulletin? I hope to be be there as a spectator/reporter/photographer but it would be good to have a first-hand report of the action.
Go to Top of Page

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3244 Posts

Posted - 21/07/2012 :  18:09:32  Show Profile
Just back from a super day at Prescott, orgniser Ian Grace even managed to get the weather right!

There was a good turnout of Triple-M cars namely:-

Mike Dowley's ex Evans C type
2 standard M types plus 12/12 replica
M Coupe
4 D types
J1
3 J2s including the unique REAL bodied car which looked superb
F 4 seater
K3 with the Hawke family
L1
L2
5 PAs
NB 2 seater

There was also a good turnout of TA/TBs including the TA Ted Hack has owned since 1963!

The day was well supported by many other makes of pre-war cars.

George
L2023 and NA0960
Nr Buckingham.
Go to Top of Page

Gordon

United Kingdom
693 Posts

Posted - 21/07/2012 :  21:02:53  Show Profile
Had a great day too - in my PB. George, if you saw it you may have been misled as the radiator does't have slats but mesh like a PA!
What mark of Spitfire was it? I wondered if it was a photo recce one.

Gordon
PB 0331, MG4473
Derby
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000