Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 2012 Triple M Border Reivers' Raid 25-28 May
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Colin McLachlan

United Kingdom
993 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2012 :  15:15:28  Show Profile
We currently have 40 cars booked (39 paid for, 1 place being held for a European entrant - you know who you are ). We can still accommodate a few more entrants, so if you are interested please email me asap at mmmborderreiversraid@acme-properties.co.uk, and I'll send you the details. I shall be on holiday between 20 April and 7 May, so best contact me before I go (I'll have the computer with me, but connections on the high seas may not be too good).

If you have already booked with me, but not reserved your place at the hotel, please do so before the end of April, as the hotel cannot guarantee a room after that time.

Colin

PA 0613
MG3242
Register No. 2591

agn178

United Kingdom
57 Posts

Posted - 14/05/2012 :  10:10:54  Show Profile
Please accept my apologies for replying to this topic particularly as I've not entered! This is due to the continuing abysmal performance of my J2 as I know it will be struggling to get even the 30 odd miles to Peebles let alone wasting everyone's time on the event proper.

However I was wondering if any experienced driver/mechanics would be interested in taking it for a test drive once the day's activities are over?

I realise that this is quite an imposition but it's not very often that I get an opportunity of meeting with tuned & well driven J2's this far to the North!
Go to Top of Page

Colin McLachlan

United Kingdom
993 Posts

Posted - 19/05/2012 :  18:20:44  Show Profile
Derek, why not come anyway. It's not that far from Fife, and I'm sure someone will be able to help you. We're based at the Barony Castle Hotel, Eddleston, and there will probably be a tyre-kicking group hanging about in the car park each day from about 4.00-4.30pm, or from noon on Monday.

BTW, still room for any last minute entrants - see above.

Colin

PA 0613
MG3242
Register No. 2591
Go to Top of Page

philcoombs

United Kingdom
77 Posts

Posted - 20/05/2012 :  18:57:34  Show Profile
Barry as no one better qualified has responded I will be up there with my J2, so all being well you will be able to make a comparison with a reasonably well tuned car (providing it is behaving) not so sure about the standard of driver though - however we shall have to wait and see whether any particular problem can be identified. And as Colin says there will be plenty of people with helpful suggestions!
Philip
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000