Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Regency Run
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Colin Butchers

United Kingdom
1487 Posts

Posted - 18/05/2012 :  10:49:57  Show Profile
As postings are a bit quiet this morning, could I mention that I went to the finish of The Regency Run on Brighton's famous Madeira Drive last Sunday. My excuse is that it was quite a nice day and I live only five mles away.

In previous years the MMM entry has been substantial but this year out of 340 or so M.G.s only eight were MMM cars, including the Henderson duo of Js, another J, one M, one PB, the Clare "Cresta" N Type, an F1 and a K1 - all very nice cars. No doubt the depletion of the entry was due to a clash with VSCC Wiscombe which attracted the Bayne-Powell entourage, and had they been in attendance MMM numbers would have been up into the mid teens. The same excuse cannot be made by the Vintage chaps, as last years splendid entry of about 10 14/40 and 18/80s was down to two, one being a beautiful Mark II 18/80 plus Geoff Radford's exciting Tigress. Lots of TAs TCs, TDs and proper TFs plus a pair of rare YT tourers and several million MGAs, MGBs and other "moderns" including pair of Farina Magnettes which are now probably more rare than the YTs.
I couldn't be more specific about all the other MMM owners, as I couldn't seem to find a programme on sale.

It would be a pity if the MMM involvement in this event was to fizzle out as the event was started many years ago by local J2 owner David Diplock together with vintagent Geoff Radford. Possibly the price of petrol at well over six quid a gallon may have had something to do with the lower numbers, but all of those who attended seem to have enjoyed themselves on the run down from the start at Epsom Racecourse.

Colin B.

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3678 Posts

Posted - 18/05/2012 :  12:48:15  Show Profile
There was also a Triple-M Committee that day, Colin. Judging by the three Triple-Ms that attended that, the Regency Run might have been slightly swelled if had had our druthers!

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Henley-on-Thames, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000