Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 J3437 - the last cycle wing J2 - returns home.
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Matthew Magilton

Australia
179 Posts

Posted - 20/08/2012 :  12:18:50  Show Profile
Love that photo recreation Simon, you obviously took your time setting it up very carefully. I once did a similar thing with my TF 1500 in front of Ayer's Rock (Uluru) as a homage to that cars first owner. Must have been an 'Eureka!' moment when you spotted the same cliff?

Matthew.
Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6131 Posts

Posted - 20/08/2012 :  12:31:10  Show Profile
Bob (Springfield) - of course we did

Bob - The J2 was originally a single green colour and we found some of the original colour under some aluminium spats that had been fitted to the lower front part of the rear wings. We colour matched it with Lesonal paint and the info I have on it is that it's Lesonal k22920 colour map 448 h5. Now to be honest, this doesn't mean much to me but I can say that the colour looks magnificent. It's not as dark as it appears in the photo I just posted - the light was very poor when the photo was taken and the photos a bit further up the thread are closer to reality.

Matthew - yes, I'm quite pleased with the photo although it isn't absolutely right! The tail of the car should have been slightly more to the left and the camera a little higher up. But the perspective is pretty good as I bought a Box Brownie and took some sample shots to determine its focal length (about 125mm) which I then converted to 38mm for my Sony NEX. But I have no admit the Eureka moment came via my computer screen and Google Earth. I worked my way down the coast road and used Street View wherever there was a cliff beside the road. It took no more than 10 minutes to find the exact spot. But it was good fun setting it up and the result is rather pleasing I have to say.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000