Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 vintage tank
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tonym

United Kingdom
653 Posts

Posted - 29/10/2012 :  16:11:36  Show Profile
Non MMM query - sorry
I am sure that there are some Vintage Register members who peruse this forum and might be able to answer the following query - or can tell me how to put a query on the Vintage Register forum
Yhe query, simply, is this an 18/80 petrol tank ?

Edited by - tonym on 30/10/2012 14:47:08

leckstein

USA
411 Posts

Posted - 29/10/2012 :  18:06:51  Show Profile
Tony, I am not sure what is in your picture, but it does not look like me and as I approach 70 I am a "vintage Yank"

I could not resist this as I am home in New Jersey awaiting the "Frankenstorm" which may be the worst in New Jersey history and I will soon loose electric power for days (no computer) or much of anything else.

Mike L
Go to Top of Page

tonym

United Kingdom
653 Posts

Posted - 30/10/2012 :  14:44:47  Show Profile
Mike
Have been watching your disaster on the TV - looks dreadful. I do hope all is well at your end and you remain above sea level.
The owner of the yank/tank did point out the error of my ways and the heading is now ammended.
Best wishes
Tony
Go to Top of Page

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3240 Posts

Posted - 30/10/2012 :  19:05:52  Show Profile

Hi Mike

I do hope you, and all our American friends, are ok after that storm. The pictures on the TV news show absolute devastation.

Best regards

George
L2023 and NA0960
Go to Top of Page

LewPalmer

USA
3244 Posts

Posted - 30/10/2012 :  21:29:18  Show Profile
Here in the Midwest (Minnesota) the storms out east have stalled the weather pattern. So while I sympathise with our northeastern friends, the weather here has been beautiful - sunny skies and temps in the 50s.

Lew Palmer
Go to Top of Page

leckstein

USA
411 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2012 :  16:51:37  Show Profile
Thanks to everyone who expressed concern. It is truly awful.Real destruction on the north Jersey Coast. My house is 4 miles inland and we had no physical damage except for some tall trees down. We had no electrical power for 4 days and was able to keep going on a generator and siphoned petrol from the PA and the TF. We still have no cable or internet service at home.

My office in the same town still has no power so I moved the generator there. It will take years for this area to really recover. My son's town ,Sea Bright,New Jersey, on the Ocean is totally evacuated with the National Guard in place. He is an elected official there and tells me the destruction from a 13 foot Tital Surge brought the Ocean into almost every home there. My family and my cars are fine. This is the first day I have had access to the internet since October 30 and this is not from my home.

Mike L
Go to Top of Page

bloodysalmon

Spain
1482 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2012 :  17:53:42  Show Profile
Thoughts are with you all Mike ...

Chris Blood (D0407, D0430 & F0753)
Go to Top of Page

greg

United Kingdom
833 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2012 :  19:02:51  Show Profile
Same here mike are there any others mg's in the area which have been damaged
Go to Top of Page

leckstein

USA
411 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2012 :  02:45:31  Show Profile
Thanks again for your concerns. Just got internet and TV back after 10 days. Apparently there was an election over here while I was living without electricity and access to TV and the internet. Half my town is still without electric. So far I don't know of any MGs lost. It is great to be able to read this forum again . I really missed my daily dose of information and spots of British humor.

Mike L
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000