Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Building a car up from the chassis
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

pauly45

United Kingdom
435 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2012 :  18:45:23  Show Profile
Hi,

I have been reading a post on the post-war morris minor website that got me thinking about the mmm world.

In the post (http://www.mmoc.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=47337) the person was after a van/pick up chassis and V5 so he could build one up as he had failed to find a suitable project, but the responses all stated this was illegal and the post has now been locked to further comments.

Would it be fair to say that many mmm cars are built up using just the chassis as the basis ?, and I guess that due to the age of the vehicles, many of the other parts are most likely not going to be original to the car.

I wondered why the minor post had been met with such a set of responses ?

Paul.

talbot

United Kingdom
718 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2012 :  19:32:35  Show Profile
Isn't there a difference between having a genuine chassis with no log book and having a log book with no chassis. As far as I am concerned it is the original chassis, with an authentic, validated number that's the clincher rather than a piece of paper, or perhaps chassis plate, that's been in the back of a drawer for 30 years.

jan t
Go to Top of Page

pauly45

United Kingdom
435 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2012 :  20:16:30  Show Profile
Yes Jan, I would agree with you about having a bona-fide chassis being the clincher.

I got the impression he wanted both - chassis AND log book, and it was this people had the issue over.

Paul.
Go to Top of Page

george

United Kingdom
862 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2012 :  20:55:25  Show Profile
I had an origional chassis authenticated by the club with chassis file details.I knew the origional reg no and had photos of the car in the early 50s.Despite all of this and the mmm support the dvla would not return the origional no as the chassis had been used as the basis for a special in the late 50s.The no I have is not too bad but its galling to have an N type regd in 1959 .Geoff
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000