Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 MG 748 1930 MG M
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

PeterN

United Kingdom
240 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2012 :  21:18:12  Show Profile
MG 748 was delivered to me yesterday and I have to say I am so delighted to have temporary charge of this little piece of our motoring heritage. Having owned an MGB Roadster since 1994 which has had 3 engines, 4 resprays and more weld than panels, I can’t believe that this 83 year old has so much that’s original.
The engine MG 1289A shows 177038B on the block and 178888B on the finned sump. The diff shows 174439A 3442 and the rad 1439 824 . The carburettor is stamped 3061 on the body and 1217/1 on the float chamber.
I will sort and tabulate the information that came with the car and make it available to the Register if it's of interest.

to track back on the history.
I’ve still to master the art of driving a PVT. It seems to wander a little and I have to concentrate to avoid crashing the gears. Practice will help I hope.
The car is known to the register, number 2829.
I would appreciate help and advice in keeping and running the car and if any member local to Bedfordshire wants to visit and have a chat they would be most welcome.

Peter
1930 M type MG 748
2M/1506

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3240 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2012 :  23:19:49  Show Profile
Hi Peter
Congratulations -it is nice to read you are pleased with the little M type. I think you will get used to the steering, you need to hold the steering wheel softly and make only small movement thereby letting the car run in a straight line. However, it would be wise to check things over to eliminate any lost movement I.e. are the drag links properly adjusted.
The gear changing on our cars is a real joy once you have mastered the double declutching!
Regards
George
L2023 and NA0960
Nr Buckingham.
Go to Top of Page

Bob Stringfield

United Kingdom
854 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2012 :  17:14:49  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by George Eagle

The gear changing on our cars is a real joy once you have mastered the double declutching!
Regards
George
L2023 and NA0960

So that's why you fitted a pre-selector to L2023, George!

Bob.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000