Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 C0261 Photo Query
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Ross Kelly

Australia
227 Posts

Posted - 16/12/2012 :  11:11:56  Show Profile
Hi All,

I have noticed on the the attached photo some letters visible on the side of the bonnet, would anyone have any idea what they may have been.

Also what would the cable be for?

cheers
ross kelly
C0261

Edited by - Ross Kelly on 16/12/2012 11:13:34

Nick Feakes

USA
3374 Posts

Posted - 16/12/2012 :  13:03:24  Show Profile
Hi Ross
On the assumption that you are referring to the cable next to the driver's right hand, it looks to me like a hand operated throttle lever. Exactly what it controlled is hard to say, it could have been a hand throttle or maybe ignition advance or some sort of boost control?
Nick
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3677 Posts

Posted - 16/12/2012 :  13:37:41  Show Profile
Just guessing .... is the word 'Universe'?

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Henley-on-Thames, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

kimber

United Kingdom
1529 Posts

Posted - 16/12/2012 :  13:47:32  Show Profile
or "University" (... as in Motors, perhaps?)
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3677 Posts

Posted - 16/12/2012 :  13:48:13  Show Profile
Just heard from Oliver Richardson who confirms that the words are 'University Motors'.

UM entered this car - they usually did so in teams of three - and Hamilton is the driver here. The occasion was the first double 12 event at Brooklands - Oliver will post details later on when he is able to do so.

As for the mod - the picture was taken part way through the race - so it's likely to have been a fix to resolve a problem that arose during the race - maybe a throttle linkage????

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Henley-on-Thames, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

mgmog

United Kingdom
467 Posts

Posted - 16/12/2012 :  14:03:54  Show Profile
smashing car,would it have been two tone blue?
Go to Top of Page

Cathelijne

Netherlands
744 Posts

Posted - 16/12/2012 :  21:12:36  Show Profile
Actually it reads 'University I'.

Regards,
Cat
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3677 Posts

Posted - 17/12/2012 :  00:13:32  Show Profile
Well done Cat!

Regards
Dick
Go to Top of Page

Ross Kelly

Australia
227 Posts

Posted - 17/12/2012 :  04:25:23  Show Profile
Hi All,

Thank you all for the info, I thought it may have been University but thanks to Cathelijne it is now solved.

Nick certainly sounds that the cable would be for throttle, keeping the pedal to the metal for twelve hours would have been tiring.

Some photos of recent events I have been to are at www.bluedog-racing.blogspot.com.au

Merry Christmas and many MMM's for 2013
cheers
ross kelly

Edited by - Ross Kelly on 17/12/2012 12:55:31
Go to Top of Page

Nick Feakes

USA
3374 Posts

Posted - 17/12/2012 :  13:02:17  Show Profile
Hi Ross
I am playing with your post to see why this image will not load correctly. Please bear with me
Nick

Webmaster
Go to Top of Page

Nick Feakes

USA
3374 Posts

Posted - 17/12/2012 :  13:41:40  Show Profile
OK. I have the answer. The issue was with the web address you added in plain text (www.bluedog-racing.blogspot.com.au). The browser makes this into a link (underlines it and makes it "clickable") but that messes with the formatting of the image address. If you want to insert a web address then it is much safer to use the "insert link" icon. This only appears when you use the "Reply to Topic" form and not this "Quick reply".
A way around this if you are using quick reply, is to add some extra symbols around the address (this is what that "insert link" icon actually does).
So, without the parentheses, type an opening square bracket "[", then type "URL" then a closing square bracket "]".
Type the web address.
Type another opening square bracket "[" then "/URL" then the final closing square bracket "]".

Here is the way it should look but using curly brackets instead of square ones so the browser does not interpret them as instructions:
{URL} web address {/URL}

Your web browser interprets certain things within those square brackets as instructions and does not normally display them (that is why I had to insert words and put parentheses around them or else you wouldn't have been able to see them!), that particular instruction tells the browser that the text between those instructions is a web address and the browser knows then treats them with the respect they deserve (or not!).

My apologies for the complicated instructions but they are much easier to do that to try and explain. Of course, if you have not had problems adding an image then you do not need to use this procedure.
Nick

Webmaster
Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6131 Posts

Posted - 17/12/2012 :  16:57:43  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Nick Feakes

So, without the parentheses, type an opening square bracket "[", then type "URL" then a closing square bracket "]".
Type the web address.
Type another opening square bracket "[" then "/URL" then the final closing square bracket "]".

Nick,

I think you mean without the quotation marks rather than without the parentheses?
Go to Top of Page

Pat Widdup

New Zealand
399 Posts

Posted - 17/12/2012 :  19:12:36  Show Profile
A note on the photo of 66.Why would go to all the effort of building an air deflector around the radiator and under the side skirts and drivers scuttle ... Then have the windscreen folded down as a air dam accross the scuttle. Was there a reason for leaveing the screen on...Just an observation.

Pat Widdup NZ

Edited by - Pat Widdup on 17/12/2012 19:13:47
Go to Top of Page

Nick Feakes

USA
3374 Posts

Posted - 17/12/2012 :  19:14:28  Show Profile
Simon
You are quite correct, I changed the layout and forgot to change the words
Nick

Webmaster
Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6131 Posts

Posted - 17/12/2012 :  20:00:12  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Pat Widdup
Was there a reason for leaveing the screen on...Just an observation.

Pat,

I suspect that it was the regulations that required the cars to have a windscreen which was often gauze rather than glass.
Go to Top of Page

mgmog

United Kingdom
467 Posts

Posted - 17/12/2012 :  21:19:09  Show Profile
Screen looks to be back to front. Wasnt there a rule/requirement to run with full weather equipment hood etc up for a few laps at the start? years since I read the books so may be way off.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000