Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 C0261 Photo Query
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Foz

United Kingdom
769 Posts

Posted - 18/12/2012 :  10:18:32  Show Profile
The Midgets had to have "weather equipment" to qualify as sports cars in the 12/12. The concrete at Brooklands was shedding chips which would have seen off a glass screen so wire mesh screens fitted. The screen is curved over the bonnet top and has to miss the reserve oil tank filler cap...so when raised does look "back to front". I drove C0261 when sorting it out prior to it stay in the USA and drove it in the rain....permanent FOG as the wire mesh turned rain drops into fine spray! The hood and frame was very much like an M-type one....but when erected you cannot get into the car....it has to be put up over you!.......pushing the regs to the limit as to definition of "Road Equiped"........ C-types with glass screens (the other option) had different support brackets to raise the pivot line above the scuttle.
Foz
Go to Top of Page

spitfire

United Kingdom
371 Posts

Posted - 19/12/2012 :  08:00:52  Show Profile
Interesting on the screen issue...and having "hands on" involvement.
Go to Top of Page

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3240 Posts

Posted - 19/12/2012 :  16:58:04  Show Profile
From the pictures it looks like the side lenses have protective coverings?

I also wonder if that is a hand throttle on the side, from the position of the lever I would guess the lever is in the slow/off position.

Ross - the car looks great! I remember the car here in the UK when it was used by then owner K Rees in the record attempts at Millbrook in the company of the Foz in the special bodied Rat, Peter Green's K3011, M Hawke's J2 (with small rear wheels and 500cc engine), and J Bannister in a single seat J2.

The runs were the subject of an article in one of the Yearbooks, will have to check which one. I know I managed to get the signatures of each of the drivers in my copy of the Yearbook! I was also there as a general factotum.

George
L2023 and NA0960

Edited by - George Eagle on 19/12/2012 17:55:24
Go to Top of Page

MaGic_GV

United Kingdom
868 Posts

Posted - 19/12/2012 :  17:16:20  Show Profile
I recall reading somewhere that the Morgan racers would use an elastic band to keep the throttle wide open as with all the bouncing around it was hard to keep your foot on the pedal - or was it a hand grip? Can't recall, but a cable with a locking facility would provide a similar function!

Graham

"I'd rather be happy than right anyday" Slartybartfast, Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000