Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 F0313 and Mr R North of Rougham Hall
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

PeterL

United Kingdom
1723 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2013 :  18:30:29  Show Profile
David Downes has very kindly supplied information from the Kithead Trust on my Stiles, F0313, GG7531.

It appears that the car was owned by Mr North in 1962. His address was Rougham Hall near Kings Lynn.

It may have been owned subsequently by a Peter Rose and finally by a CAB Saunders.

I wonder if anyone knows of any of these people?

Just to add a bit of spice, Mike Allison has told me the first owner might have been the David Murray who founded Ecurie Ecosse, the postwar Scottish racing team.

The car is now a nearly complete pile of bits...

Many thanks

P

Colin McLachlan

United Kingdom
991 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2013 :  10:20:11  Show Profile
Ashley Strachan, then chairman of the Caledonian Centre, produced a register of Scottish MMM cars in 1993, presumably an extract from the main register. He lists your car as being at 13 Melville Street, Edinburgh around 1933. This area is all offices now, but may have been residential in the 30s.

Colin

PA 0613
MG3242
Register No. 2591
Go to Top of Page

Colin Butchers

United Kingdom
1487 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2013 :  10:58:07  Show Profile
Peter,

About 40 or more years ago, I knew a Peter Rose who lived at the top of Durrington Hill, High Salvington, near Worthing and I bumped into him again about three months ago. At the time, he had a J2 and whilst I do not know if he also had an F Type, it is of course possible. Directory Enquiries may be able to oblige with his phone number.

Colin B.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000