Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Pre-War Prescott invitation
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Nick Feakes

USA
3371 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2013 :  13:58:40  Show Profile
Pre-War Prescott!

Saturday 20th July 2013
Invitation to the MG Car Club MMM Register

I am delighted to invite MMM members to participate in the third Pre-War Prescott Garden Party on Saturday 20th July. Now in its third year, this exciting and rapidly expanding annual event is open to all Edwardian, Vintage and thirties cars and fills a gap in the annual schedule of club events held at this famous hillclimb venue.

Pre-War Prescott is characterised by a relaxed garden party atmosphere that offers untimed climbs of the hill throughout the day. The day is free from the formality of a competitive meet. No flame-proof overalls, helmets or racing licenses will be required. Passengers and children may be carried, and saloons are equally welcome to join in the fun.

Full catering and licensed bar facilities will be available all day, the BOC shop will be open and there will be numerous trade stands, autojumble stands and much more to see and do. In addition a number of one-make clubs and registers will be present with their club tents and spares stands. Motor Wheel Services will also be on site and happy to fit new tyres for you during the day. And once again, we are honoured to have the SU Carburetter Company as our main sponsor for the day and the SU boys will be out on the hill with the remarkable Skinner Special.

The event is fast becoming a significant international gathering, the objective of which is to honour equally all those cars that survived World War Two. Many of our pre-war cars were used during the war and contributed materially to our victory. And many of us are now driving cars that were owned in the war by those who never returned, and whose sacrifice paid for the freedoms we enjoy today. To repay just a small pert of our debt, the RAF Charitable Trust has been nominated as the official charity of the event, and a significant donation will be made at the end of the day with proceeds from a no-reserve auction of donated spares and automobilia organized by Hereford Vintage Auctions during the lunch break, when we are also expecting a display by aircraft from the RAF Battle of Britain Memorial Flight.

The day will conclude with the award of various prizes followed by a BBQ and live Forties entertainment on the hill. And for those wishing to make a weekend of it, there will be a Cotswold Navigation Rally and parallel Scenic Tour on Sunday.

Much more is in the pipeline for this year’s expanded event, and breaking news can be found on the event website at www.prewarprescott.com, where online entries can also be made.

Ian Grace vintageminor@gmail.com

Nick

Webmaster

Ian Grace

USA
660 Posts

Posted - 19/03/2013 :  17:46:09  Show Profile
Thanks Nick.

All systems go for another great gathering - especially MMM's once again.

Tremendous news arrived this morning - the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight has awarded us a Hawker Hurricane display for Saturday at Prescott. This is the third year in a row that we have been supported by the BBMF - with the Lancaster in 2011, a Spitfire last year and now a Hurricane for this year. Six Merlins and counting!

Please enter at www.prewarprescott.com

Edited by - Ian Grace on 19/03/2013 17:47:00
Go to Top of Page

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3237 Posts

Posted - 24/03/2013 :  12:19:41  Show Profile
Hi Ian

Thanks for the update, the fly past by the Spitfire last year was certainly very evocative!

I hope the Triple-M entries are still coming in - mine is on it's way.

Regards

George
L2023 and NA0960
Go to Top of Page

Ian Grace

USA
660 Posts

Posted - 27/03/2013 :  15:53:21  Show Profile
Thanks George - I'll look out for your entry.

It's early days, but so far have 8 MMM's - two blown J2's a blown PB, 4 M's and a D, which is an excellent start. Oh, and Mike Dowley is bring his C Type - so that's 9, plus you George (L2?) so 10 and counting.

And the other fantastic news is that the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight has awarded us a Hawker Hurricane display this year. In our inaugural year 2011 we were incredibly lucky (in view of the weather) to have the Lancaster, last year we had a Spitfire Vb which proved immensely popular, and now we will be three for three in 2013! And as PWP is on the same weekend at RIAT, I just heard from AVM Rick Charles that the Director RIAT has, at the request of the Trustees of RAFCT, tasked RIAT Air Ops to try and route other aircraft over Prescott for us. How's that for a teaser?!
Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6119 Posts

Posted - 27/03/2013 :  16:14:34  Show Profile
This looked like an ideal event to bring the J2 over to what we quaintly call the mainland until I discovered the cost of the summer time ferries. How does five hundred quid return Belfast/Liverpool grab you? So, much as I'd Iike to be there, I think I'll have to give this one a miss.
Go to Top of Page

r.warr

United Kingdom
69 Posts

Posted - 27/03/2013 :  17:56:57  Show Profile
There will be' at least 1 more P type as I am one of the Bugatti owners Club officials overseeing the event. Does the list also include Frank Aston's M type.
Go to Top of Page

Ian Grace

USA
660 Posts

Posted - 27/03/2013 :  22:09:03  Show Profile
Five hundred quid??? That's unbelievable! Be with us in spirit!

Yes, Frank Ashley is one of the four M's. He's anchoring the snail mail entry forms in the UK for me, as some feel strangely uneasy about sending an entry form for a Cotswold rally to Seattle!

On a virtually unrelated topic - Nigel Stroud has entered his M Type in the Morris Centenary Cavalcade this Saturday, and Peter Field has entered his M in the Bullnose Morris Club's parallel event at Nuffield Place.

Go to Top of Page

Ian Grace

USA
660 Posts

Posted - 22/04/2013 :  18:55:02  Show Profile
Quick update - 14 MMM's booked in so far, with several more I know will be entering. This is shaping up to be a VERY strong MMM entry.

J2(2), NA, PA, PB, D, L2, F, M(4), C, plus one other unspecified.

Overall entries are up about 50% compared to this time last year, and about a third of the available 400 climbs are already spoken for, so if anyone else is thinking of coming along, don't leave it too late to enter!
Go to Top of Page

Ian Grace

USA
660 Posts

Posted - 22/05/2013 :  22:30:00  Show Profile
Guys,

We are getting close to capacity on the hill!

We have 247 climbs already allocated (remembering that each entry receives one free climb). The capacity of the hill is about 70 climbs per hour, so we can get in about 350 climbs if we make sure the hill marshals are kept busy from start to finish! We plan to keep 100 climbs for sale on a first-come-first-served basis on the day, but then that leaves just THREE climbs left for advanced bookings, including the free ones (it was 29 earlier today)! We may have to release some of those 100 tickets for advance bookings, but it is becoming critical that if you are considering entering and want to climb the hill more than once, then please get your entry in ASAP!

18 MMM booked in so far.

Go to Top of Page

Dolts

United Kingdom
1129 Posts

Posted - 23/05/2013 :  12:35:45  Show Profile
Ian, I m assuming we can camp in the orchard Fri eve?

Is that were we can leave trailers too?

Mark

Mark Dolton
Go to Top of Page

Ian Grace

USA
660 Posts

Posted - 23/05/2013 :  17:08:19  Show Profile
Absolutely Mark. Camping all weekend. Plenty of room for trailers. And if anyone turns up with their car on a trailer on the day, they should head for the Orchard, unload, and then transfer their car to the Paddock - via the main gate before 10 a.m. (i.e. before the hill opens), or by the gate in the other lower corner of the Paddock after 10.

Just received an entry from Jeremy Hawke this morning, so add a K to the lineup. As of half an hour ago, we have 91 climbs left - in total! So much for keeping 100 climbs for the day! If we are slick about it, we should get the 350 in by 4 p.m., and if I cross the marshals' hands with beer chits, they have been known to keep going to 4-30-ish...

VERY excited about this year's event - it is going to be a blast!
Go to Top of Page

Ian Grace

USA
660 Posts

Posted - 28/05/2013 :  20:04:47  Show Profile
Update on climbs and entries. Six days ago I reported 247 climbs out of the available 350 spoken for. That number is now 334 spoken for which means just 16 climbs are left! I have asked Ian Patton if we can extend the hill times by half an hour in the morning and half an hour in the evening which should give us 70 more if approved. But then we have over 7 weeks to go (and most of the publicity!), and we always get a number of cars turning up on the day. 21 MMM booked so far.

It's going to be a BUSY day!

Mark D - I don't appear to have have your entry yet...
Go to Top of Page

Ian Grace

USA
660 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2013 :  18:59:42  Show Profile
Great news. After discussion with the Prescott marshals, they reckon that they can run 85 to 90 climbs an hour for us, which means that we do have capacity for more entries. 85 an hour would give us 425 climbs, and we're currently at 355 booked - and that is without the extension we have asked for.
Go to Top of Page

Ian Grace

USA
660 Posts

Posted - 14/06/2013 :  21:49:34  Show Profile
Latest news - still capacity left!

http://www.vintageminor.co.uk/Pre-War%20Prescott%202013%20-%20Newsletter%20Number%20Two.pdf

Go to Top of Page

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3237 Posts

Posted - 14/06/2013 :  23:06:32  Show Profile
Nice to see from the latest update that ther are 22 Triple-M cars entered.

George
Go to Top of Page

Dolts

United Kingdom
1129 Posts

Posted - 15/06/2013 :  09:50:01  Show Profile
Gutted had to withdraw due to work. Have a fab time and as George says great to see so many Triple M's out.

Mark Dolton
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000