Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Shere Hill Climb
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

DUNBAR

United Kingdom
3 Posts

Posted - 16/05/2013 :  16:57:05  Show Profile
Hi Martin, I saw it on Pistonheads. There's a thread going on there in the 'Track days' sub-forum. Hope there's a simple explanation to it all!
Regards
Fi
Go to Top of Page

Martin Warner

United Kingdom
85 Posts

Posted - 16/05/2013 :  17:38:14  Show Profile
The internet is a wonderful thing when you wish to pass the good word about something. However the downside is that it takes only one miserable anonymous dissenter to taint a whole enterprise. Esmond Foster, the organiser has spent a huge amount of time trying to get this event off the ground to give us all a great deal of fun with the spin off of a benefit for good causes. What could be wrong with that. The inference of financial impropriety ought to be actionable but I expect the accuser has gone back to hiding under his stone. Esmond's considered response is below. Fi please feel free to put it on the sight where you first saw the unpleasant and loaded post.

(From Esmond Foster - organiser Shere Hill Climb)
"This is a malicious post and I can only guess at the motives for posting it.

Sadly there always seems to be anonymous individuals who set out to destroy anything new. No one is being paid for putting this event on, all the many hundreds of hours are voluntary.

The road closure was granted by Guildford Borough Council not Surrey County Council (SCC). SCC are aware of it, if you wish to check with Keith Taylor or Bob Barker the local Councillors they'll confirm that. There is currently some confusion at SCC how to handle it as it doesn't conform with normal closures. We're working with them to fine tune the detail to allow the event to operate smoothly and safely.

It doesn't say anywhere the cheques will not be cashed until after the event. None of the cheques have yet been cashed, I'm sure the eleven or so members who have entered can confirm this. They are made out to FOSSA (Friends of Shere School Association), they are being held by Shere Infants School. I'm sure if anyone wants to ring or e mail the school office they'll confirm this."
Go to Top of Page

DUNBAR

United Kingdom
3 Posts

Posted - 16/05/2013 :  17:54:01  Show Profile
Hi Martin
This is good news and I'm sure a everyone entered will be pleased to hear it. It is annoying when anonymous people on forums post information which is impossible to verify, but that's what the Internet and freedom of speech gives us, I suppose.

Can I make a suggestion? - that Esmond goes to the thread on Pistonheads and introduces himself there. It is the only sure way to shut the doubting thomases up I feel and it also might be useful so anyone interested in the event can ask questions in an open forum as that will help to spread the word about the event and make sure everyone knows what's happening as the date draws near.

Anyway, thanks for your help and getting this useful information out in the open.

Regards
Fi
Go to Top of Page

graham holdsworth

United Kingdom
424 Posts

Posted - 16/05/2013 :  18:09:25  Show Profile
I have entered this event along with 112 others at the latest count including 2 cars from the Brooklands Museum and about 8 other triple M cars. My cheque has not been cashed and I have every faith in this being an enjoyable social day for good causes. Go on the Shere Hill Climb website and see pics of all the entered cars, some very interesting machinery.
Graham
PB0602
Go to Top of Page

Martin Warner

United Kingdom
85 Posts

Posted - 16/05/2013 :  18:15:52  Show Profile
I think Pistonheads can be left to stew. The event is now fully subscribed unless something really special turns up. So the concentration now is on continuing to massage the local busybodies and making it a memorable event for the paying public. I think the idea was to try get a crowd along who are not necessarily petrol heads and introduce them to the idea that old cars can be entertaining rather than a nuisance to be jumped on. An honourable ambition.
Go to Top of Page

LewPalmer

USA
3244 Posts

Posted - 16/05/2013 :  18:36:47  Show Profile
Looks interesting! I wish I could be there, But an unblown J2 up against machinery like a modern McClaren?? Reminds me of a GOF Central a few years ago where we had everything from a bog-standard M-type to a V8 powered MGA - all in one class!

Have fun all, and be safe!

Lew Palmer
PA1169, PB0560
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000