Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 MG Live - 2013
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 8

arjen

Netherlands
32 Posts

Posted - 22/04/2013 :  20:50:35  Show Profile
Many years ago there used to exist a very sympathic annual MG club weekend on the Assen race track in the Netherlands. Then the track fees went up. The track management had to put up with conditions imposed by modern times and the needs of the MOTO GP. Then other car make clubs and grids started appearing at the MG event; then non-MG grids formed the majority; the other makes took advantage with the organizers, negotiated their favorable special terms, they had little to loose and lots of leverage and thus pushing the MG enthusiast more and more of the track; then years on, the die hard MG volunteers/organizers started walking away from the event,they no longer recognized as their own. In the Netherlands there was no alternative race track to turn to, allowing the original organizers to go back to a reasonable fee. Than big egos started to get involved trying to make the event bigger and more commercial. The other makes did not care, simply moved on, and the event? Silently passed away..........
If this sounds familiar let's realize its not too late for this event!! If only the MGCC would open their eyes and take a lesson from what happened at the other side of the north sea!

In the UK there is plenty alternatives as suggested on this forum many times.

"anyone can make things big, it takes a lot of courage to go in the opposite direction" Albert Einstein

arjen
Go to Top of Page

spitfire

United Kingdom
371 Posts

Posted - 23/04/2013 :  20:12:28  Show Profile
Pity it's not a site that could accomodate an MMM hill climb. The cars that Started MG still are "Kimbered!" Might be "character building" for the rest of the CC, to have something so old - SO ENJOYED.

Edited by - spitfire on 23/04/2013 20:13:19
Go to Top of Page

JMH

United Kingdom
911 Posts

Posted - 31/05/2013 :  10:42:54  Show Profile
So, it would seem (from Foz's post re K3008) that there will be no MMMs racing at MGCC Silverstone this year, how sad. I do though fully concur with the view that racing alongside 50s exotica on the GP circuit would be no fun at all - and this is club racing, it's meant to be fun!

Anyone seen a list of Sprint entries yet?

JH
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3677 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2013 :  12:50:28  Show Profile
In the past 24 hrs we learn that that a sponsor has come forward who wishes to see a good representation of Triple-M cars on the grid of ‘our race’ (Race 9 on Sunday) at MG Live, Silverstone.

This means that the MG Car Club will now be in a position to accept entries for this race, which is a 30-minute event, without requiring payment of an entry fee. (This fee would otherwise be £295.) This offer has been made only for the 2013 MG Live race meeting.

I appreciate that cost is not the sole factor that may be influencing people’s decisions about whether or not to take part in the race, but the gesture is certainly very generous and I hope it may persuade a goodly number of would-be entrants now to support the race.

I would therefore encourage all concerned to be kind enough to reconsider your position and, in the hope that you may now be willing to be part of this race, there is still time to get your entries in. The following link can be used http://www.mglive.co.uk/competitions/mgliveracing/

One of our racers has already indicated a strong likelihood that he will decide to enter, but obviously he would prefer not to be the sole Triple-M representative, so come on chaps and chapesses ……

Many thanks,
Dick Morbey

Go to Top of Page

Foz

United Kingdom
769 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2013 :  14:22:06  Show Profile
Hi Dick,
it is not about the money......yes very nice and my thanks go to the person prepared to put their hand in their pocket for us....it is not cheap putting a Triple M onto a race grid so any help would have been excellent IF ONLY IT WAS A TRIPLE-M RACE. As I made clear after being punted off [and triple rolled] in a race with post war cars I will not compete at MG Live. Racing with T types was (just about!) acceptable as they have beam axles etc....and though highly modified the owners are aware of our more primitive mechanicals.....and in the many years I raced with them never felt endangered. They might have felt at risk!.....remembering a K3 having a problem and creasing the wing of a TD....
yrs Foz

Edited by - Foz on 01/06/2013 14:23:05
Go to Top of Page

Dow

United Kingdom
490 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2013 :  17:49:44  Show Profile
I can only echo what Foz has said. It is not our race at all. many thanks to the sponsor for his generosity. Perhaps another year we could all pay our own entry fee, and a sponsor if one were to come along could buy up the spare grid positions, thereby allowing "our" club not to be out of pocket with a smaller grid which seems to be the oft quoted reason for mixing unsuitable cars.

Regards
David D

Edited by - Dow on 01/06/2013 17:50:24
Go to Top of Page

Dolts

United Kingdom
1129 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2013 :  16:04:39  Show Profile
Sprint entries:

6.1A MMM & Vintage M.G's
20 Chris Cadman M Type 847
21 Andrew Harrington J2 847
22 Jeremy Hawke J2 847
23 Philip Coombs J2 847
24 Frank Ashley M Type 847

6.1B MMM & Vintage M.G's Supercharged
25 Mark Dolton MG PB 939s
26 Barry Foster MG C Type Montlhery 823s
28 Howard Harman MG PA 948s
29 Andrew Morland P Special 746s
30 Philip Bayne -Powell MG C Type 750s
31 Thijs De Groot MG PB 950s

Mark Dolton
Go to Top of Page

JMH

United Kingdom
911 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2013 :  17:03:04  Show Profile
You've got your work cut out in that class Mark!

JH
Go to Top of Page

Onno

Netherlands
1044 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2013 :  17:48:21  Show Profile
go Orange!!!

Onno "D" Könemann
Go to Top of Page

Dolts

United Kingdom
1129 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2013 :  19:08:05  Show Profile
Yup definately need to crank the boost up for next yr!!!

Mark Dolton
Go to Top of Page

Peter Scott

United Kingdom
1240 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2013 :  15:30:44  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Dolts

Sprint entries:

6.1A MMM & Vintage M.G's
20 Chris Cadman M Type 847
21 Andrew Harrington J2 847
22 Jeremy Hawke J2 847
23 Philip Coombs J2 847
24 Frank Ashley M Type 847

6.1B MMM & Vintage M.G's Supercharged
25 Mark Dolton MG PB 939s
26 Barry Foster MG C Type Montlhery 823s
28 Howard Harman MG PA 948s
29 Andrew Morland P Special 746s
30 Philip Bayne -Powell MG C Type 750s
31 Thijs De Groot MG PB 950s

Mark Dolton

Mark

For the sake of spectators who are not paying attention , can you remind us when and where the sprint is taking place. I cannot find it on the MG Live web site.

Thanks, Peter
Go to Top of Page

Dolts

United Kingdom
1129 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2013 :  15:57:50  Show Profile
HI Peter

The Sprint is running all day Sunday on the Stowe Circuit. The circuit sits inside the main GP circuit between Hanger Straight, Stowe and the new GP Pit complex.

Access is via the bridge on the hanger straight. ( Turn right at the entrance where you have your ticket checked and follow the circuit around on the outer road)

Its a great little course, 1 and 3/4 laps make up a timed run. excellent viewing from the mini pit complex.

Mark

Mark Dolton
Go to Top of Page

Peter Scott

United Kingdom
1240 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2013 :  09:26:58  Show Profile
Hi Mark

Many thanks. Look forward to seeing you all having fun.

Peter
Go to Top of Page

Alan Bertram

United Kingdom
199 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2013 :  10:28:16  Show Profile
Can anyone please suggest a source for a list of this years MG live traders and their locations so we can plan our wanderings? I acquired a site plan and traders list downloaded prior to last years event but cannot remember where on the MGCC site I found it!

Thanks in advance.

Regards, Alan

PA 0397
Go to Top of Page

Terry Hartley

United Kingdom
279 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2013 :  13:08:55  Show Profile
Alan, why would you need a plan? In recent years a 10 min stroll and you have done them all. Sadly, there is more need for a plan of the 'Lifestyle' area, whatever that is!
Terry
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 8 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000